I feel like a bad mother, I'm 6 months pregnant and not happy I'm stressed

out with my toddler & I guess I'm thinking of all the extra work this baby will bring, It's horrible I think this way I should be happy but feel overwhelmed, sad , my toddler gets into everything I can't get out of this house, I give up & just watch TV with him & feelĀ  super guilty about that............Anyone else ever felt like this while pregnant, I feel so bad

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:54 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• you're pregnant, so don't feel bad about relaxing. try to read to your toddler or sing songs with him (from the couch), but it's just 3 more months, so he'll be fine and don't let yourself feel bad about it.
    Do you have anyone that can help you- take the toddler for a few hours, get some stuff done for you at the house? It sounds like you need time to breath and relax before baby comes.
    I had my second when the first was 16 months. I was on bed rest the last 8 weeks and so stressed that nothing was done and i couldn't hold my toddler. I actually felt better once I had the baby, because I didn't have to wonder what it would be like anymore.
    It's not easy, but it's very rewarding, I learned to do some things for efficiently, and I learned that some things have to be let go. The most important thing i had to learn was that I have to take care of myself FIRST, or no one else will get the care that they need.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Honestly it's not HOW much tv your kid watches as much as WHAT your kid watches. As long as you keep it educational your kid will be fine!! You are preggo for goodness sake, give yourself some slack!!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• You are NOT a bad mother! You're HUMAN!

Answer by gdiamante at 2:24 AM on Jun. 26, 2009