If you saw a man smacking his girlfriend or wife would you report it to the cops?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Jun. 25, 2009 in Relationships

• i guess its their business and if she is that scared for herself she would do something.... i did once see a man get his dog out of his truck and give it some water, then beat it back into the vehicle. i thought about calling the cops because the dog did nothing wrong, not only that but it was like 100 degrees out.
    Anonymous

• In a heartbeat. Just like ole Barney Fife - there is such a thing as Citizen's Arrest - and I would do it. And anon - you actually SAW a dog being abused and locked up in a vehicle when it was 100 degrees out and you did nothing? No wonder you clicked anonymous - I wouldn't want anyone to know I was that heartless and complacent.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 12:01 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I have done it before several times. I would do it again.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:04 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• as a former abused woman.... I would have been blamed for the cops getting involved and the beating when he got out of jail would have been so much more severe... I wasn't able to leave until I had the support that I needed from the community... and I wasn't able to accept that support until it was MY decision to leave. While I was with him, I was SO brain by him that I thought I would never get away and if I did that I couldn't survive on my own. I am careful about getting involved with strangers domestic abuse because from my first hand experience I know that my interfering may make the situation SO MUCH WORSE!

I wish I could drive every abused woman I see straight to the shelter and help her get a new start. But I know that SHE must make that decision herself.... and if I am to help her it will have to be behind her abuser's back. (leaving is the MOST dangerous time for an abused woman)

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• a playful smack? No. any other type of smack I would and run over there and beat his ass. I've been abused by a b/f and learned really quick how hard it is to leave. Its not over when he's in jail..... the fear and all is horrible afterward. Physical abuse from a man to a woman involves hatred. I will never forget his face when he did it, I never told anyone for 5 years, and I'm still scared he's going to come hurt me and kill my dd. Something you never get over! I would report any man hitting his wife in a hearbeat and prob turn my anger towards him.
    Anonymous

• oops. That should have said "While I was with him, I was SO brainwashed by him"

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:07 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Sad thing is that most people would defend a parent's right to slap his or her child and not report it, but then turn around and call the cops on a man smacking a grown woman who CAN defend herself and CAN run away, unlike the innocent child.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I wouldn't let the woman getting abused to be blamed cuz i'd bash in his F**** skull , then I'd call the cops
    mumma28

Answer by mumma28 at 12:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• apparently you have never been abused by a man. You have never been held to the ground being choked wondering if you were going to even wake up the next day..... then knowing if you did and tried to run he would still be after you and it would be worse the next time! Have you ever had a knife held to your thoat waiting for his next move????

I do agree in some cases there is abuse behind slapping a child or spanking them. Probably many! And all I know is when I disclipline my child in such a way she is NOT being abused. No way no how! I have had police @ my house for reasons besides my child and they have always said she is taken care extremely well.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:17 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• pacemyself, how could I actually prove it? we were in a mall parking lot.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:55 AM on Jun. 26, 2009