How much did you have to pay when you had your baby?

Also did you have a private insurance or government insurance?
I was curious how much it usually costs. Thanks!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:04 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Mine was all screwed up, because i had private insurance through 7 months of my pregnancy and the last 2, i had nothing because i was laid off and trying to get medicaid. I think in the $5,000 dollar range. Probably higher, but im not sure.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:07 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• My hubby joined the mil so everything was free.
    07lilmama1108

Answer by 07lilmama1108 at 12:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• We paid a total of $300. That includes all the OB check ups and the delivery.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:13 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• with my first it was ALOT. over 5,000. I had ins. then and it only paid like 80% or something like that. with my second, we paid only $12. That was with my hubbies ins. It pays 100% and we only have a $12 co-pay. I love it.
    NicMorgan

Answer by NicMorgan at 12:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• $10.00. Literally. I was covered by Medicaid after my first two visits, where I had to pay a $5.00 copay each time.
    sophiafarris

Answer by sophiafarris at 12:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• zero
    private insurance
    would had been 15,000 if i had no insurence
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:20 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I have private insurance thru my husbands employer...which is great insurance..just co-pays I think.. but we also qualified for secondary medicaid. (pregnancy Only). and I have had to pay 0! I had medicaid (pregnancy only) with my daughter 4.5 years ago and paid nothing! Its been a major blessing..
    Just in case you re curious.. Pregnancy only medicaid (at least around here) has a different income and qualification level than regular medicaid.. we make too much money for regular Medicaid.. But were accepted for pregnancy only.. Go figure.. but again, its been a major blessing.. :) my sister in law had just regular private insurance and she said it was like $3500! Good luck!
    Mom2Meredith

Answer by Mom2Meredith at 7:52 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I think it depends on if you have a c-section ot and vaginaly birth. I had a c-section with both my kids. I paid my OB about $900 before i delivered and then i paid the hospital $1500. But that was just my bill i also had to pay the hospital $250 for my son and the Pediatrician $190. I think is all depends on the insurance you have and how much it covers. I have private insurance and it only covers 80%. If i didnt have insurance my bill just for one birth would have been almost $30,000!
    Amanda7891

Answer by Amanda7891 at 8:15 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• It was fully paid for with all 3 of my kids. With my son I had Independent Health through medicaid and with my 1st daughter I had Independent Health through my hubby's work then my 2nd daughter we have BCBS which is 100% paid for by the city. My husband works for the city so they finally settled what insurance the employees would have. I love the BCBS plan.
    luvmykids3

Answer by luvmykids3 at 8:24 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• we have awesome insurance and it covered 100% until I went into preterm labor. Then our little girl spent three months in the NICU and we ended up with a 5k co-pay from that. We didn't think that was so bad since the total bill was 1.1 million!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:39 AM on Jun. 26, 2009