Is there any health insurance on children that doesn't have an outrageous price?

If it's at all possible? If your job doesn't provide insurance, how much do you pay?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• My DD has medicaid. I'm currently unemployed and hubby's job doesnt give health insurance.
    MommyLee08

Answer by MommyLee08 at 12:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• What's outrageous? I pay less than $100 a month.
    mancosmomma

Answer by mancosmomma at 12:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• It was possible for me thanks to my sons school woring hand in hand with Kaiser. I am SOOOOO BLESSED! It is called KaiserKids and it only covers up to 3 children. I pay $9.00 a month with $5 co-pay and $20 emergencyroom co-pay. $5 prescriptions. It took such a load off of my shoulders. It also works with Deltacare dental but they can't get braces or anything like that. It is check-up and x-rays, extractions are like $20. Look into it.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I should add that it also covers surgeries and everything else. I paid $10 for my sons ear surgery.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 12:14 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Unfortunately you didn't indicate what state you live in.
    A lot of states have programs - even if you're over the income limits for state medical assistance. PA has CHIP - which is free or low cost insurance for kids whose family income puts them over the limits for medical assistance.
    Do a search on the internet under "free or low cost insurance and kids and (your state)"....
    Cantstandya

Answer by Cantstandya at 1:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2009