8 month old w/ no signs of teething?

My 8 month old son has had no signs of teething, and has no teeth yet. His doctor said at 13 months they will start worrying. Has anyones elses baby still not had teeth by this age?

lynnseyfaye

Asked by lynnseyfaye at 12:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Mine has been teething since four months! Consider yourself lucky!! I just saw a baby the other day who was eight months and still completely toothless! I honestly wouldn't worry about it- he has teeth in there- they're just waiting to come out. :) Most babies don't begin to teeth until 9 months! That's what my DD's pediatrician was telling me when I told her my 4 month old was teething. She didn't believe me until she actually looked and felt her little tooth! Don't stress about your gum-less LO and enjoy that smile while you can! He's going to have a whole set of teeth for the rest of his life!
    tbear2008

Answer by tbear2008 at 1:00 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Lots and lots of kids turn 1 with no teeth. Yours may have some chompers by then or he may be one of the "in my own time" type kids. THe chances of anything being wrong is extremely small.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:06 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• My daughter didnt get any teeth til she was about 12 1/2 months. She busted out four of them all within about two weeks. I know alot of different doctors give different advice, but if it comforts you at all, our pediatrician said that it's not considered abnormal until 18 months.
    kate_jocelyn

Answer by kate_jocelyn at 1:36 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• My girls didn't start cutting teeth until 11 and 13 months and now at 3 and 4 they havemouths full of teeth. I wouldn't worry.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:46 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Consider yourself lucky. :) The later they come, the chances are lower for tooth decay, so I've heard.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 9:10 PM on Jun. 26, 2009