I need energy help!?

I am the mother of 4 girls the oldest being 6 and the youngest is almost 4months! I have a major lack of energy! I use to b a neat freak and my husband grew up in a pig stiy! i guess i got him to use to leaving and loving the clean cause now i dont even have the energy to load the dishwasher and he gets so mad at me! I litarally have to force my self to vaccum and mop and i havnt dusted in days! Whats something i can do to get my energy back and not feel so drained?

Perdy

Asked by Perdy at 12:40 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Hobbies & Crafts

• I have been suffering this exact same problem almost to the letter. All I can tell you is; a couple months ago I told my (new) dr. all this and she A) changed one of my meds (an antidprssant) to a whole 'nother one that doesn't make me tired , and B) she found out my "ferritin" (iron) on my labs was LOW-NORMAL, ie; it could pass as technically "within range" but SHE wasnt happy with that so she asked me to take OTC iron! I started with just a daily multi that has the RDA of iron;no mega iron doses. ANyway, I see her again in Aug. and I bet she will redraw blood, but, I DO have more energy btwn. these two things, and I still am having some of the same sleep issues I had before the switches...Good luck
    Anonymous

• You're the second mom today I saw with this same question. The other mom had three kids.
    She was taking vitamin B-12.

I don't know what to tell you beyond trying that.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:42 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Are you getting enough sleep? Getting good enough nutrition? Avoid caffeine and sugar, those only give you a temporary high before your energy level drops like a brick. Try getting some good moving exercise in, like jumping rope or jumping jacks (the kids will love it too) in the mornings or when you feel tired. Does music get you moving? Put some music on and just go.

Your 4 and 6 year olds are old enough to help. They may not do a perfect job but they're capable of vacuuming and putting dishes in the dishwasher, even washing some things by hand. They'll love being able to help mommy!
    michiganmom116

Answer by michiganmom116 at 7:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2009