Do you think our country is prepared for an EMP attack?

Our country is trained for many types of attacks on our country but in my opinion if we are attacked with EMP we would not know what to do. Do you think our country needs to take precautions and make a plan or just wait and see?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:45 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• Sadly. I don't think most Americans even know what EMP is. If it hit us we'd be destroyed. Millions would die a weeks time.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:49 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Oh my gosh!
    I'm so surprised to see this on here.

NO WAY are Americans (or any other country) prepared for an EMP attack.

EMP- Electromagnetic Pulse. Will wipe out all electronics. Cars, Radio, TV, Computers...

http://www.govexec.com/dailyfed/0808/081908kp1.htm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Electoral magnetic pulse will  knock out any electoral device in its range.

Yep it could cause quite a mess of things.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 12:56 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• i had no idea what it was. i had to look it up. No i dont think America is even close to being prepared for an attack like that. And it is a real possibility that America's government and it's people should take more action in preparing for it. ...but who knows? I've been saying WWIII was gonna hit sense 911. ...but it hasnt happend yet.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 12:57 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Brad Pitt and the Oceans 11 crowd are worried about it...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:01 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• the one they used didnt last that long....
    tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 1:04 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• It is a scare tactic..Big scary acronym.

http://www.aussurvivalist.com/nuclear/empprotection.htm
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:07 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Its a danger for sure. To break things down money would become worthless wads of paper, loitering would be a huge problem as would all crime, martial law would likely be declared, anyone on lifesaving medications would die including diabetics and asthamatics, heat srokes/freezing would cause death, starvation would be a problem, water supply would cease, there would be no cars, no way to communicate besides in person, lets face it most people don't have access to horses like they did in the pioneer days especially not in places like NYC, it would be horrible. A mass attack could leave the country without power for months, years. In a week many would die.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• We threatened Sadam with it back in 1991, scare tactic? I don't think so. We aren't talking global warming here.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:17 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I actually never thought about it. Guess that gives me something else to consider other than nukes from NK
    AprilDJC

Answer by AprilDJC at 1:36 AM on Jun. 26, 2009