What to do with old pool toys?

Hello All,
This is a question for anyone who has a pool. What do you do with the pool toys at the end of each year? I bought new blow up toys for the pool this week and had my daughter with me and kind of got more than I meant to. I still have the ones from last year and after they sat under our deck all winter they are kinda cruddy looking. I didnt have enough room to put them anywhere else while they were blown up and didnt want to take the time to sit there and deflate them all. Now I have all these old ones that I dont know what to do with. My favorite float that I used to lay on had a deflated pillow part so I just bought a similar one and am tempted to take scissors to the bottom part of the old one that hasnt deflated. Those of you who have pools, do you keep all the floaty toys each year? or do you just buy new ones each year? If you just buy new, what do you do with the floats from l

quilts4homeless

Asked by quilts4homeless at 12:50 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Home & Garden

• I buy new ones every year. If they funky looking I throw them away if they still look okay I keep it just incase my daughter has a friend over and we need extras.
    HannahLee87

Answer by HannahLee87 at 6:02 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• We have a large shed with storage lofts, so we put all of our inflatables up there at the end of the season, but then we only buy fabric and styrofoam type floats, some of which we've had for 7+ years!

If your old floats have a slow leak in them, you can use clear mailing tape over the hole (locate hole by dipping under water to see the air bubbles) and at least get another season out of them. Or just throw them away. :o)
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 9:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• We do deflate pool rafts and toys that survive the season. We keep them in a rubbermade tote. Some things are very expensive and I would not want to have to replace them yr after yr. Some are cheap and get a hole in them anyway. I keep noodles until they get that icky dry rot feel to them and then toss them. I will patch some things if the kids really enjoy them. I try to by the fabric or more sturdy things so we can have them for several seasons.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• If it's still in good condition, I keep it in storage just to have extra.
    If not, then it gets tossed.
    LadyEb

Answer by LadyEb at 12:58 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Has anyone ever taken a knife or pair of scissors to an inflatable instead of deflating it? I hate having to sit and deflate them!!!!
    quilts4homeless

Answer by quilts4homeless at 3:54 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Put them on freecycle and havent had any takers in days :(
    quilts4homeless

Answer by quilts4homeless at 3:30 PM on Jun. 30, 2009

• I have short nails :(
    quilts4homeless

Answer by quilts4homeless at 1:00 PM on Aug. 28, 2009