should we worry?

I have notice my 2 and a half year old studdering lately its not like really bad some days its only once or twice or less a day but others its more, should I worry about it? Is it a stage? What should I do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:53 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• just keep an eye on it, and if it persists talk to the doctor about it at his next appt. my son started blinking alot in May, like he had a tick. i asked the doc about it and he said to keep an eye on it. it's not gone now. so it could just be a phase.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• It's a stage.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:02 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Many preschoolers go through a phase where their brains and eagerness to talk far exceeds their mouths ability to keep up.
    Don't rush him and don't finish his sentences for him. Just wait patiently for him to get the words out. Knowing you will wait for him will let him know it's OK to slow down.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 1:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• It is a common stage, and I would not make a big deal out of it because if you make him feel bad about it, it will get worse.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2009