A "What would you do?" scenario

This not a real situation, this is just a scenario, for fun.

You and your SO have gotten away from the kids for a night, and he takes you out to eat. You are chatting away, enjoying yourselves and your meal.
All of a sudden, you hear a child screaming, having a fit, kicking the table that he doesn't want what his parents have ordered him. The parents are attempting to talk him down.This totally ruins your meal, the last thing you want to do is listen to kids screaming, especially when you got away from that for a night.

Do you:
A) tune it out- you've become a pro at that
B) ask the waiter if there is something they can do
C) leave
D) Ask the parents if they need some help- after all, you know what they're going through
E) Look at the people sitting next to you and ask (VERY LOUDLY) when they're going to smack that kids a$$
F) other- cuz there's always an other

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• a. because we have all been there. and even if some will say"I havent had that happen my kids behave" then those are the type that would flip out if the parents did anything like spank their child. ignore it and feel bad for the parents, they would be mortified.
    Bearsjen

Answer by Bearsjen at 12:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I'd probably do one of the first three. I understand what it's like so i'd feel some pity for them. But I'd definitely be thinking they need to take the kid to the car and give a nice spanking. That was always my moms threat. lol. Worked like a charm even though she never actually had to to us to the car
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:00 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I'd try A. first, then B. followed by C. This is funny cuz we just had a similar situation happen here locally and it stirred up a lot of animosity. A kid ( who had autism) was taken to a Denny's late at night (well late for a 5 year old). The kid wanted to play the crane game and the parent wouldn't let him (or only let him once or something) suddenly this kid starts screaming at the top of his lungs and keeps it up for 10 minutes. The parents didn't try to take the child outside to calm him, didn't tell anyone that he was autistic - but then they threw a fit when some people in the restaurant DID say something to them - and made it clear that they were interrupting everyone's meal. I'm glad I wasn't there.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:04 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Id very loudly say "I paid a damn baby sitter so I could enjoy a nice evening out and I STILL have to hear this nonsense! People have no control over their children!". Just to be heard though, maybe teach the parents a lesson. It also depends where you are. Its expected if you are someplace like pizza hut or red lobster where children are more than welcome. Now if you are at a fancy restaurant... I would cause hell.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 4:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• A - Tune it out.
    I've been in that situation plenty of times and it is just a way of life - people take their children out to dinner and cannot help it when they throw a fit. They also didn't think to check with us first to see where we would be dining so they could dine someplace else....LOL.
    Just be a duck - let it roll of your back just as water rolls off a duck's back. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:14 AM on Jun. 26, 2009