Has anyone charted their cycle? What were your findings during ovulation? Did it work?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I haven't yet, but I'm going to... actuallt ro prevent pregnancy for now..... I got the book "taking charge of your fertility" and its wonderful and very infornative. so far looking back on past cycles I notives a wet/eggwhite cervical fluid and I want to have sex more during those times. also I think I get tender nipples too, and certain sexual positions can hurt or feel uncomforrtable. but... I'll know more clearly once I start charting officially.
    Precious333

Answer by Precious333 at 1:07 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• We've been trying for 3 years and I've followed the calendar on Webmd, however we haven't had any such luck. I feel that my cycle is following along with what the calendar indicates, however my schedule doesn't always coincide with hubby's. Also, I firmly believe it's time for him to get checked out for fertility issues. I've been through the standard checks and everything's OK. My next step would be laproscopic surgery to see if fallopian tubes are blocked, so I think he needs to get checked first.
    As far as the ovulation calendar, it seems to be fairly accurate and I use it to see when my period will be due again (in addition to fertility).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:22 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Home run! In fact, the ovulation kit claimed I WASN'T ovulating when the chart and temps said I WAS...and I got pregnant.

I'd never buy a kit ever again.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:02 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I started charting a year before I got pregnant with my first (who's 2 now), mostly to know when my period will be here (I'm very irregular), and I've been charting ever since, even when not trying to get pregnant. We weren't technically trying when we got pregnant with our first, but if I hadn't been charting it probably would've taken me a couple of months to figure out that I was pregnant. With our second, we were trying, and the charting told us exactly when to try and when to test, and we got pregnant after just 3 months. Charting cervical mucus is the best way to tell when you're most fertile and need to have sex (look for egg-white consistency), and charting basal body temperature is the best way to tell when for sure you did ovulate, though you won't know until after the fact. Check out www.fertilityfriend.com for some great (free) tips.

DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 10:58 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I charted my cycle to prevent pregnancy for a couple years. The month that i got pregnant, I would have sworn that I had already ovulated but guess what, I hadn't! When I got my first ultrasound they told me that I was ovulating around the 18th and 19th day.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:32 AM on Jun. 28, 2009