who is she to even ask the question? My child has a mother, a very good one at that and I dont need his ex sticking her nose in to make sure I am being a good mom

She really asked about the direction of my childs car seat, im sorry but this just bothers the hell out of me.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• She needs to mind her own business. As for the whole ERF thing, I talked to the police department and a car seat technician in my city and NONE of them have heard anything about the ERF thing. They ALL said that as long as the carseat is properly installed a child is safe. Cafemom is the only place I have heard of the ERF thing. When a police department and carseat safety tech tell me they have never heard of something, I trust them and not people on the interent Sorry.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:58 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• it would probably bother me as well. either she has your childs best interest at heart OR she's trying to be controlling.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Well, how old is your kid, how much do they weigh, and which way is the carseat?
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:25 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• shes one, shes 27 lbs and its facing forward. She is allowed to face forward, its jus the fact of his EX asking about it that bothers me
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Maybe she just wanted to let you know it's safest for children to RF.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:29 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Maybe she was just wondering. It does no good to get in a power struggle with your SO's ex especially if they have a kid together. I would shake it off and give her the benefit of the doubt. It may be irritating, but what does it accomplish to be mad at her?
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:29 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Or maybe you threw that in there because you want me to know that. I am doing whats best for me and my child and I feel that her facing forward is best for her at this point considering she SCREAMS RF and has done so since day one.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:32 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• and kemclaughlin, Yeah I havent said anything to her, we get along very well. It just really bothered me that she even asked, doubting my parenting abilities. There is things I disagree with that she does with her own children but I would never ask or mention anything about it. She is their mother not me ya know.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:33 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

She might be concerned since it is safer even when the child is crying to rear face. My son cried when he first got in his carseat and did not like rear facing ever. I would rather have an unhappy baby than a child that could be injured. I would not get so upset over it and be glad she cares about your child.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:01 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• wow you sound super insecure and jealous.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:10 AM on Jun. 26, 2009