how can i no longer be dialated??? im due tomorrow

hello there. im due tomorrow JUNE 27 2009, for the past 2 weeks ive been dialated and when i went in on tuesday for my last apt they said i was completely thinned out but no longer dialated. can that happen?? is that normal?? what can i do to dialate my body? all the doc's ive had through this pregnancy dont want me to go over because how big the baby is and how my body is built. i have an overly long tube or tilted uterus ive heard both. and my pelvic bone is really small. is that going to bother the delivery??? im so worried hes due tomorrow and i dont want him to be hurt if hes carried over!! i need help

skytzo

Asked by skytzo at 1:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Being dilated does not really say anything about when labor will start. You can walk around dilated to 4 for a month, or deliver a baby 6 hours after being closed. I would not worry too much. Just relax and take it easy, your baby will come when it's ready.
    kemclaughlin

Answer by kemclaughlin at 1:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• due dates can be off by two weeks. Just because your EDD is tomorrow does not mean in any way that it is accurate. That' why its an estimated due date.
    Also, the size estimates this late in your pregnancy also tend to be WAY off. They really dont have much of a clue. They just like to pretend they do.
    Dont worry. the baby will come when he/she is ready.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:40 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I am due tomorrow as well.. and when I went to the doctor wed. she told me that was dilated to almost 4 and 100% effaced.. I was disappointed that I wasn't dilated more.. after coming home.. I told a couple friends and they were shocked that the doctor let me leave..saying that effacement is MUCH more important than dilation. One friend told me that she was only dilated to 2 but 100% thinned (effaced) and sneezed and went straight to 10 Cm.. so, I wouldn't worry to much about it.. Everyone has just been telling me. to walk, eat mexican and be ACTIVE.. :) so, thats my plan.. and good luck!
    Mom2Meredith

Answer by Mom2Meredith at 7:40 AM on Jun. 26, 2009