Do any of you moms type by touch?

I don't but I do type pretty fast (at least I think so).

Gigi1969

Asked by Gigi1969 at 1:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Type without looking? Absolutely. Back in 1981 I took a typing class on typewriters and we were taught the official way of typing - not pecking. I type upwards of 90+ wpm due to the years of typing I've done. I love computer keyboards because now I can just backspace when I see an error and fix it quickly before moving on...LOL. Get this, in the typing class we took, we learned how to make duplicate copies by using carbon paper - anyone else "old" enough to remember those! How messy they were! I love my MSWord and printer....LOL.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:10 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I glance at the key board once in a while but I do know where all the keys are without having to look
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:35 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I almost always type by touch. Unless i'm having an off day. Or if i'm using a new keyboard. They're not all shaped the same.

Where i live, it is required that all HS students take a computers class. And about half of the class was about learning to type.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:37 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• yes. Like outstandinglove, I took a typing class in 8th grade && then 2 more in HS on computer programs, such as Microsoft Word && Excel. I can also 10 key by touch, just b/c I did data entry for about 18 months.
    HisMommySince07

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 1:52 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Yes, I touch type - as a matter of fact in our typing class we were not allowed to look at our hands, then twice a week we were tested on computer with the monitor turned off - so we couldn't even see anything. Touch typing is all I've ever done. Now DH is strictly a hunt and peck kinda typist (complete with his eyes staring straight at the keyboard- LOL.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• yup, had to learn it in 7th grade. They put a black plastic cover on our keyboards to break us from the bad habit of hunt and pecking(that what my teachers called it) so ya. I can type pretty fast, to but my accuracy isn't always the best. I also learned 10key by just touch.
    vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Yes.
    SandraB383

Answer by SandraB383 at 2:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• i dont look at the keys. heck lol sometimes i dont even have to look at the computer screen . neither does my husband we can look around the room and talk to someone and still type and correct mistakes without looking at the screen or the keys lol .
    i have always been a fast typer and well my husband works on computers lol
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 2:14 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• yes
    penguinqueengi

Answer by penguinqueengi at 2:15 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Wow I only took typing as an elective in HS and it was never mandatory but this is in the 80's. I have always had weak pinkies so I had a hard time, but I was sooooo good at memorizing paragraphs so it appeared to my teacher that I typed fast.
    Gigi1969

Answer by Gigi1969 at 2:17 AM on Jun. 26, 2009