People of faith! moral question.

What do you think about all these jokes about Michael Jackson? Or does it even matter?
I for one, find it disrespectful to be joking about someones death ESPECIALLY it being so soon. Maybe i'm biased because my mom died less then 3 months ago. ...but what do you think?

btw. i am NOT a fan of MJ's music. But i DO respect the changes he made to the music industry. He deserves credit for that, no matter what his personal life was.

outstandingLove

Asked by outstandingLove at 1:35 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• How are we to know what he did in his last hours on earth? He could have feel to his knees and repented for everything he did. We just don't know. And I think it is terrible to speak ill of the dead. Karma has a way of bitting a person in the butt, though.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 3:20 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Respect for the dead is one of those things that you just learn! Can you believe the comments about MJ?? These people are MOTHERS!!! What can you expect from the next generation if you have bunch of morons raising kids!!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:38 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I am sure your mom was a wonderful person and you are saddened by her passing. People are not saddened by the death of a child predator. Sorry if it is insensitive to you, but it is life.
    Anonymous

• I give him credit for his accomplishment, certainly. But it doesn't matter if he's been dead 3 hours or 3 years - his life was what he made it. A grown man knows better than to take children to his bed. A grown man knows better than to mutilate his own body. A grown man takes responsibility for his actions and make amends for his sins. I'm sorry, but Michael didn't do any of that. He hid behind money, plastic surgery, pajamas and scarfs and shame. A person's death does not change their life. He was/has been the brunt of many, many jokes for many, many years. I'm not making excuses for it - I'm just saying it's a fact. There are people who honestly believe that he was innocent and those who honestly believe he was guilty. Either way - the only thing to be learned is that neither money nor fame can purchase life. When your time has come - it has come. How you lived is how you will be remembered..
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:44 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• It's okay if they are not saddened. I"M not the least bit saddened by his death. except for i do worry about the children.
    But just because i am not saddened DOES NOT mean that i'm going to make fun or even seem rejoyceful (sp?) of his death.

And it is not that i am naive in what kind of effect an SO has on it's prey. almost every woman in my family has been molested. ...I still think that it is inappropriate. and certianly not moral.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 1:45 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• He was a human being and a child of God. That gives him the right to respect concerning his death. How anyone can be happy that someone else is dead is sick.
    MawagaMom

Answer by MawagaMom at 1:52 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• But I am saddened. That man had a soul, a spirit and a choice. I have no way of knowing if he made his peace with God before his death. I have no way of knowing the truth of what happened or didn't. All that I know is that if the fruit he bore was evident of his heart and his relationship with God - then I am saddend for his soul. It's like my husband said today - when I told him MJ died. My husband said (and I quote) "Now he is dealing with The Father". So I say - It it my sincere hope, as a Child of God, that MJ did make his heart right before the Lord; because the knowledge of anyone suffering the reality of hell is a blow to the heart of any Child of God. But as in so many things - only God knows the truth now.

I can't really make a judgment about moral or immoral when talking about making jokes. Poor taste, maybe, a little cheezy - yes. But moral - I honestly don't know. I'll pray about that.
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 1:58 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• the memories of a person are what they make of them while they are living.. although I don't agree with bad mouthing someone who just passed.. I don't agree only because of the effect it has on those that are still living (his family/friends). He may deserve the foul words spoken about him.. but to publicly air them, so a grieving family member could see them is cruel. Anything foul a person has to say about a person that has passed should be kept to themselves.
    xxhazeldovexx

Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 2:00 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• The jokes are sick. I keep telling people my gosh this is a sensitive time and not a time to joke about him and farrah or him faking his death or whatever. Its an immature thing to do. I have to remind myself that I am a lot older than many of the moms on here. I want to venture to say many who joke are young with no respect for people.
    My 15 yr old son has more brains then some of the moms here. He's even complaining about the jokes!
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 2:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Well, i'm sure you are older then me if you feel that you are older then many moms on CM

but i still dont think it's right.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:28 AM on Jun. 26, 2009