Do you wear your baby?

I am thinking of buying a Moby Wrap for my newborn who will be here in August. Do you use one? If so...

What do you think of it? Is it comfortable? Does your back hurt after a while?
How does your baby respond to being in one?
Do you use a different type of wrap? If so, what do you think of it?

SpiritedTigress

Asked by SpiritedTigress at 2:10 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I make my own wraps and slings. All you need to do to make a wrap just like the moby is buy six yards of jersey cotton fabric and cut it lengthwise either in half or in thirds depending on how wide the fabric you bought was. Usually you can make three out of it. and that is your wrap! Making your own is soo easy and saves you tons of money! My son loves the wrap. But I recommend using those when it is a little cooler because if you are in the heat like us, being wrapped up so much gets very warm. We use slings when it is hot because with that there is not so much fabric on us and we are not so much bundled together. When my son was a newborn, I kept him in my wrap all the time. He loved being snuggled up.

It does not hurt your back. It evenly distributes the weight on your shoulders. I've had a problem with the sling when I wear it too long because it is all on one shoulder and gets tiresome. Never with the wrap.
    bluelady27

Answer by bluelady27 at 2:25 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Moby Wraps are supposed to be one of the best.
    I have not yet had the wonderful responsibilty of delivering and caring for an infant (my children are not biologically mine) but i am planning to change that soon. I DO plan on using one. Hopefully a more experienced baby wearer will be able to answer some of your quesitons. ...You could also join the group AP For The Less Extreme. it's a great group.
    outstandingLove

Answer by outstandingLove at 2:20 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I wore my baby the first 4 months she got to heavy for me after that. my back started to hurt lol
    sunshine21pa

Answer by sunshine21pa at 7:02 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I still wear my almost 2 year old. :) Love it.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 9:09 PM on Jun. 26, 2009