So the doctors says!!!

my doctor told me that the fetus is placed right outside of the fallopian tubes... is t hat bad??? do you think i can carry the baby to term???

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:13 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I was told this at the ER when I was 5weeks pregnant. They didn't seem at all worried about that, more so about the fact that I was cramping. They never did tell me WHERE outside the tubes, but I later found out that it was in the uterus, just right near the tube. I am now 21 weeks pregnant & doing fine. If they didn't say anything about medical attention (which they would in the case it was dangerous) then I'm sure you're fine, but if you have concerns, just let your OB know.
    WannabeMommy87

Answer by WannabeMommy87 at 3:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• TALK TO YOUR DOCTOR ABOUT THIS MEDICAL PROBLEM NOT CAFEMOM
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• google it or go on webmd.com
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:19 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• File:Female anatomy.png

vgiron

Answer by vgiron at 2:19 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Well, it depends on which 'outside' Dr. is referring to. The uterus is 'outside' the fallopian tubes. So, though, is your small intestine...and the rest of your organs. If the baby is on the outside of all the reproductive organs, there is no way to have a vaginal birth (no access for the baby -- can't get *back* through the tubes!), so you're in for a surgery either way. If the fetus tears away from whatever it's attached to at the moment --at any time between now and as far as any prudent medical practicianer will let you get to term-- you'll be looking at massive bleeding and major emergency surgery.

Of course, it is possible that both of you will survive. It's just not way up on the list of 'likely'...

In your place, I'd find at least 3 different medical professionals with a LOT of experience and ask them to describe the worst-case and best-case options before deciding on anything.
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:19 AM on Jun. 26, 2009