What would you have DIED without as a first time mom?

I'm trying to make my baby shower registries. And being a first time mom, with little money, I'm trying to put only the things I NEED on my lists.
I'm a firm believer in "If the baby never has it, the baby never needs it". But I know there are some things babies can't live diapers...and clothes. I'm talking about binkies (pacifiers) and 100 crib toys.
So what would you have suffered horrifically to live without as a first time mom? Just some info that might help, I am going to breastfeed. I am married. And I'm using disposable diapers. Need anymore info?

Asked by momma_shuler at 2:24 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• 0-3 months- lots of diapers and clothes, something that plays music (mobile, crib soother thing), scratch mittens,

3-6 months - swing, bouncy seat

6-9 months- swing, high chair, teething tablets, teething blanket, evenflo saucer

9-18 months-baby gates, high chair, Gerber teething biscuits

all the time use- crib, crib bedding, carseat, tons of diapers and wipes, play yard (for overnight trips), diaper bag, bath sling/hammock you can not believe how slippery they are when wet.

Answer by twinsnseptember at 7:13 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• My boppy, swing, bathtub that fits in sink, and my mom!!! (;

Answer by dolphinstar79 at 2:27 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Swings are great! And the have the portable ones that are smaller and cheaper too.
    Baby bathtub...i was never comfortable giving a baby a bath in just a sink.

Answer by MommyLee08 at 2:28 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• baby bouncer

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:33 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I started off not wanting a binki for my son, but sometimes all they want to do is suck, even if there not hungery so i gave in and got him one, and it helped when he wasn't hungry but wanted something to suck on. I'd say a breast pump because it will give hubby a chance to feed and bond with the baby also, but thats your choice. .One thing you'll definately need is nursing pads.

Answer by vgiron at 2:33 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• if your going to breastfeed, then you are obviously going to need a breastpump. I'm sure you have that one down, but just wanted to make

ummm, I'm just going to list some stuff needed for 1st year.

lots of onesies && receiving blankets, thermometer, bibs, socks, bath chair or baby tub, carseat, highchair, diaper rash cream, baby powder, pajamas, baby soap, bottles, baby monitor, crib and/or bassinet, baby lotion, nursing pads for your bra

that's all I can think of right now

you can google checklists for new baby

Answer by HisMommySince07 at 2:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• The swing was our life saver for a fussy baby!

Answer by IMAMOM2-2KIDS at 2:35 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• My sling

Answer by ColleenF30 at 2:35 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Baby detergent and a bottle warmer.

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:40 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• The only things I NEEDED were my boobs. I really, really loved my bouncy seat though. ;) The other thing I always used were baby gowns to sleep in. Those were a lifesaver.

I didn't bother with most of the "must have" baby stuff like a baby bathtub, bottles, a pump, etc. Really all I used were the bouncy seat, diapers, and clothing.

Answer by JulieJacobKyle at 3:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2009