do you feel like the united states government

Is doing a good job of representing YOU?

Are you happy with the work of your senators and reps?

I'm just curious- we spend day in and out arguing- do you really like your reps and your party's ideals, or do you choose what you feel is the lesser of two evils?

lovinangels

Asked by lovinangels at 2:27 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think my particular reps are doing as good as they can - but they are not the majority. Overall - I do not like the job the government is doing. AT ALL. Obama said that he was going to bring them under control - but they are more out of control than ever. I'm not saying it's his fault, at all, even though I don't agree with him, his politics or practices either. But Congress is like a bunch of spoiled brats - and it's almost like they set out to prove that he couldn't reign them in. Everything they should be doing it seems they are balking at. And not that I agree with infidelity - but why is the governor of SC being practically run out on a rail for having an affair when Clinton did it in the White House and didn't get removed from office? Impeached - yes. Removed - no. Our government is so screwed up we literally NEED Reagan to reincarnate and bail our butts out of this mess. AHH, the good ole days of the 80's. HA!
    PaceMyself

Answer by PaceMyself at 2:38 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Strangely, no...

Of course, I'm Canadian
    LindaClement

Answer by LindaClement at 2:30 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I didn't vote for any of the state or federal lawmakers in my area. So no, I don't think they represent ME well.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:42 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Nope. Our local congressman has been there forever and is mainly unopposed. The last guy who ran against him was a kid, living in a house daddy bought him, with no real job before he ran for office. I think there was only a lib/Ind against him the time before that, and the one before that had a public speaking phobia and threw up at the start of the debate so they had to cancel it - wasn't really heard from again after that. Half the time he's not even lessor of two evils because there is no other viable option. I'd love to see him gone, but it's a (purposely) oddly composed district - about half is Amish and farm country with two medium sized cities at opposite corners that have nothing to do with each other and have totally different industries and issues.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 3:13 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• God help us if Reagan was reincarnated. LOL. HE started the whole mess when he deregulated the banks, messed around with behind the scenes intelligence, etc. Naive and uninformed Republicans who thought Ronnie looked nice sitting on his horse think HE was a great President? Ha.
    I haven't really been happy with many government officials but it still is better than living in another country,you know? I also think when everyone gripes,they are just parroting what they hear on Fox news or what they read on some right-wing websites,too. Does anyone here consider themselves an expert? No. We aren't . Just be happy you live in the USA.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:02 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I'm happy with our senators. I would like to see the" career" house of Representative sent home. He has spent $ 500.000 defending himself against something.He will not say what is going on.

I do not support our governor Palin. It has nothing to do with national level,I just do not like the work what she is doing in the state .

Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 8:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• The US has been dying for 30 yrs its about time to bury her. In my opinion. The Govt represents the people it consists of in D.C. and the people who can afford lobbyists.
    Carpy

Answer by Carpy at 8:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• No the government has not represented me or my family for a long time....and this country is becoming something we have never seen before....Its not America that we once knew.

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 8:48 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• HAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHA I live in Chicago, and if you know anything about Chicago politics, you will understand why I laugh. Besides, I doubt that needs any further elaboration on whether I am being represented as I should be. lmbo......
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Ooh I hope I get some more answers. . .

I can't stand Congress in general or our reps in particular right now.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 10:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2009