My son is so fussy tonight!

Usually he nurses and nurses until he falls asleep. Well, he finished both sides and fell asleep. Then he wakes up screaming. All day he has been sort of unhappy which is very unlike him. I rocked him, sang to him, loved on him, offered my breasts again but he refused. He acted like he was hurting for over three hours so I gave him a little baby tylenol and he finally settled down and fell asleep. What could have been wrong?

I figured it might have been teething, and earlier today I gave him one teething tablet. I've also been massaging his gums which soothes him for a few seconds. He is three months and three weeks.

bluelady27

Asked by bluelady27 at 2:31 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Three months is growth spurt time...but I'd say it's the teeth. You're doing the right things.

Answer by gdiamante at 2:40 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Maybe he's going through one of those growth spurts. Even though I don't BF, my 5m old will only drink 3oz of formula but when he goes through growth spurts he might take 4-5oz. Your son does sound like he's teething, but with my kids when they teethe or don't feel good they eat less.
    MommyJ0697

Answer by MommyJ0697 at 2:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Maybe he is just having one of those days you know were you don't feel good and all you really want to do is fuss.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:37 AM on Jun. 26, 2009