Where can I buy clothes?

I am 14 weeks prego and my clothes don't fit comfortable, but maternity clothes are to big...I haven't found anything that fits me. I bought the next size up in jeans and they are too big. My pants right now are too tight they only fit if I leave the button undone? Does anyone have any suggestions. I am sick and tired of wearing my running clothes. They are the only things I have that fit me, but I don't want to look lazy everytime I go out! I used to enjoy getting dressed to leave the house...now I wnat to cry when i have to get dressed. I had a job interview and had to squeeze into my interview clothes...I go thte job, but it was uncomfortable sittign there!!! I need new clothes and I don't knwo where to find them :(

RebMavMom

Asked by RebMavMom at 2:42 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Shopping

• they usually have a maternity store at the mall
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:44 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• pretty much any discout clothing store has a maternity section
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:46 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• With your jeans use a rubber band to keep them closed as much as possible and go and buy bigger size shirts i NEVER were maternity clothes i did the rubber band around the waist and as long as my shirt covered my belly then i was all set.
    Your preggo enjoy every moment of it no matter how frustarating it my be at times : )
    raemommy

Answer by raemommy at 2:50 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I used the bella band with the top button undone.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:40 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• when i was in the early stages of pregnancy i just opened my pants and fastend them with a rubber band. it worked great until my maternity pants fit.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I had my baby in late August. I wore loose dresses with a blazer for work, rather than buying professional material clothes; I just could not see buying a new wardrobe for 4 or 5 months months.
    I bought mens XL boxers instead of maternity underwear, and my husband wore them after I delivered. The only real maternity clothes that I bought were two pair of jeans and two pair of shorts.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:58 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Maternity clothes are uncomfortable! Try the rubber band around the button like has been mentioned, personally, I liked to wear spandex pants and t-shirts. The spandex supports your growing belly, and bonus, you can wear them home from the hospital without worrying if they will still fit. For work though, I would wear dresses that fit loosely, maybe a size or two bigger than what you would normally wear.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 9:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I've heard great things about the Bella band. It's like a big elastic that you stretch of the top of your normal pants. You leave your pants open and this just olds them on and covers the opening.

Also, try Baby Gap. They have maternity clothes in there that I loved! The pants are easy to find a good fit and they have a variety of belly styles for early on in the pregnancy and later. I liked the ones that had the hidden adjustable strap on the inside.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:25 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I also used the Bella Band for my too tight jeans with the button undone. And I used it to keep my too big maternity pants up.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 9:27 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• You've got a lot of great suggestions, Just want to add that if you are trying on maternity clothes that are in your pre-pregnancy size they should fit you now...and just have the big cloth area go up above your stomach, it's stretchy material so your belly can grow into it and they are very comfortable.

If this is your first you'll start showing within the next 1-5 weeks so you might as well start looking for maternity bargains! And then save what you have for any other pregnancies, especialy since you tend to show sooner in subsequent pregnancies. I had to start wearing maternity at about 8-9 weeks with my second and current pregnancy!
    Mom2Jack04

Answer by Mom2Jack04 at 10:31 PM on Jun. 26, 2009