my son will not eat at all

Joey ( my son) started off eating finme and then he just all of the sudden stopped we have tried everything we could think of to get him to eat again and nothing works!! WE NEED HELP !!!

PLEASE

babyangelluv81

Asked by babyangelluv81 at 2:44 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Food & Drink

• How old is he
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:52 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• kids at that age do that, just let him be when he gets hungry he will let you know
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 2:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I understand from your profile he is 2 right? This is the process I would go through. First evaluation. Is he really not eating ANYTHING? or Is he not eating WHAT YOU WANT HIM TO EAT?
    We all have our days where we eat heavier or lighter.
    If he isn't eating anything at all....look at his mouth. Get a flashlight and look inside his mouth and at his tonsils. Maybe he is teething or has a sore throat. At two he should be getting molars. These can be very painful. If this is the case try giving him popcicles or soft foods like pudding and yogurt, tuna ect.
    If he really isn't eating anything AT ALL, take him in for evaluation. The risks of allowing that to continue at his developing stage outweigh the consequences of the doctor telling you "don't worry."
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I'd wonder about sore throat, too, or swollen tonsils. If he isn't even getting liquids, then he needs to see a doctor right away, since dehydration is a problem. If he is getting milk and juice, at least that is something. If he is also eating, say, cereal, or treats, then it is just a phase. I'd withhold the treats and offer fruit, vegetables, mac and cheese, cheese sandwich. But not taking anything by mouth, even liquids, needs to be checked today by a doctor.

Answer by Bmat at 8:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Make him a smoothie: frozen blueberries, frozen banana chunks, kale (loaded with iron and calcium), a splash of orange juice (to increase the absorbtion of the iron) and some yogurt.
    He can help you make this nutritious and calorie packed "treat": Dad's Sneaky Pudding
    Makes 2 servings
    This recipe was created by Earthsave International' s Chair of the Board of Directors, Louisville Lawyer and chef, John Borders.
    1-1/2 cups frozen strawberries
    1 banana
    1-2 tsp. carob or cocoa powder
    2 tsp. flaxseed oil
    3-5 Tbsp. nut butter (cashew or almond)
    2-3 Tbsp. orange juice or other healthy juice such as carrot juice
    2 Tbsp. fortified soymilk (any milk)
    1/8-1/4 avocado
    Set your companion up on a stool beside you, ready to toss in the ingredients and push the button. Place all the ingredients in a food processor or blender. This works best in a food processor; you might add a bit more juice or soymilk you use a blender.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:44 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• my 4 and a half yr old son loved everything until 2 yrs ago. Now it's touch and go. I know he hates dairy but loves green apples, the only pasta he eats is spagetti, the only cereal he eats is mini wheats and oatmeal. he hates anything creamy, like dairy queen type ice cream, whipped cream and jello.
    all you can do is try everything and make a note of what he will eat. My son gets french toast for dinner because he hasn't eaten all day and suddenly it's all he wants. I know some moms would scoff but there's moms who scoff at the fact that my son looks boney and frail.
    Just keep trying and teach him about healthy food and keep the junk food out of reach.
    good luck! it's all about trial and error
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 8:46 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• My little brother went thru this until my mom offered him mcdonalds. It was all he would eat for about a week, until my mom was able to wean him into eatting healthier foods again. But the doctor said at least he's eating something and for her it was okay as long as she was also trying to feed him healthier foods as well. But keep trying with any foods. Even if they might not be the healthiest for a short amount of time at least he'll be eatting.
    SouthernRoses

Answer by SouthernRoses at 2:34 PM on Jun. 29, 2009

• He won't eat at all and he had acid reflu, we took him in to get his throat checked and there was no damage he just simply will not eat but he drinnks pedisures,milk,water, and little juice. every now and then if we r lucky he'll eat a couple cookies but nothing else for days on end.
    babyangelluv81

Answer by babyangelluv81 at 12:44 AM on Jul. 4, 2009