how to deal with a Awful Father in law

today we got a visit from DPS Regarding my youngest child she is 4 yrs old she broke her arm during her gymnastics class that my father in law insisted on and paid for the whole year. we had a little diagreement on sunday regarding my child & how i am rasing her. we go to church, i do mommy & me classed with her she goes to preschool & are trying to teach her manners,compastion for others, resposability for her room & toys since he cant control me & what i do with my child he told dps that i had broken her arm & that i refused to seek medical help for her, that their is no food in the house & that we live in a house with dog fecies and i never take them to see the Doctor & so on. they showed up today with police because they were told that we would resist them being here. so i put a restraing order out on him & told my husband that he was no longer welcomed in my home & anywhere around my children am i going to far help

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:01 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• I think you are doing the right thing! How DARE he make false accusations to DPS just to get 'revenge' on you! What does your husband say about all of this? I hope he sees you are in the right. I wonder if you can have him arrested for making false accusations and lying to the police/DPS? I hope he will back off and stay out of your lives.... Good luck!
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 9:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• No your not whats so ever, what is dick head he is, that is uncalled for and straight up BS
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Me, personally, I would go strait to him and tell him that if he has a problem with me, keep it with me, and leave the children out of it. THEN I would have gotten the restraining order.

But no, I don't think you are taking it too far.
    CarolynBarnett

Answer by CarolynBarnett at 3:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Do you know for sure it was him that called?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:33 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Nope. I stopped my Mil from being around us because she hated my child and while she was to young to understand there would have been a point at which she would have gotten hurt emotionally. Raise your child the way you want.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• You did right. If he lied to authorities then he'd no longer be welcome in my home or around my child either.

Answer by admckenzie at 10:03 AM on Jun. 26, 2009