What do you think about getting your fiance's name tattoo'd on you?

My fiance wants to get my name on his chest.

Katherin
Always and Forever. bad idea?

dennysgirl07

Asked by dennysgirl07 at 3:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• that's very sweet of him to want and do that, but yes it's a bad idea, but hey if you are 100% sure you will stay together for ever then what the heck but nobody is ever really sure.
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 3:17 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• yes bad idea .. you can ask almost any tattoo person usually ends up being a rereted thing because most people that do that dont stay together
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 3:10 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• regreted lol
    Mrs.Owen86

• Stupid idea. Maybe for a 25th wedding anniversary.
    SusieD250

Answer by SusieD250 at 3:13 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• i'd wait a few years after marriage. if he still wants to do it after all the 'new romance' has worn off & you still feel like you can deal with his dirty socks on the floor & if he can still deal with your nagging for a lifetime, then go for it. hubby & i have each others names and so far, so good. i don't think it's bad luck. as long as both partners in the relationship hold up their end of the relationship, then it shouldnt be bad. but be SURE!! for the most part, i think it's a bad idea, but i'd be a hypocrite. just dont F him over.
    rAbella

Answer by rAbella at 3:19 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Very bad idea rt now. My sister had her husbands name tatooed on her chest and now they
    Are divorced and she is remarried. Her new husband has to see her ex husbands name
    On her everyday and I'm sure he doesn't like it.
    tinakenny

Answer by tinakenny at 3:27 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• tattoos of a SO's name is like voodoo. even a spouces name. Its just what Ive observed.
    Dom123123

Answer by Dom123123 at 3:52 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I had my BF tattooed on me and 9 yr later we are married 1 son and 1 on the way,
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 4:03 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• They call it the tattoo curse... Ive never met any one who stood with their partner longer than a few months after tattooing. I dont know why it happens, but it does. You could maybe get matching tattoos? That might work.
    youngfirsttimer

Answer by youngfirsttimer at 4:19 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• While its a nice sentiment, it's kind of a bad idea. Right now your madly in love and its all new and you just know you'll be together forever, and maybe you will, that would be wonderful. But nothing is certain. If he wants to get a tatoo to symbolize the love he has for you he should get your favorite flower/animal/movie etc... Something else that reminds him of you.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 4:24 AM on Jun. 26, 2009