Was it hard

Ok i have a son that will be a year next month and I am due with my second in Dec. Was it really hard to raise two that close together? I know it wont be no walk in the park or anything but was it as hard as everyone makes it out to be....

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• You will have your hands full but once the infant gets a little older then it will be easier then they can play together
    looovemybabies

Answer by looovemybabies at 5:13 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Mine are 5 years apart and I wish I had them closer together. It was easy when my son was a infant because my daughter started Kindergarten (full day) so I had most of the day to just deal with him. Now that she's almost 8 and he's almost 3 I'm constantly being pulled in two different directions. They don't do the same things. We can't do a lot of the things my daughter wants to do ....water slide, lake, even the park is hard...because I have to stay with my son, but daughter still isn't old enough to be on her own. She's pretty good about playing with him but she gets bored quickly. I can't expect her to play with Fisher Price toys all day. Now we're potty training and in Lock Down...summer vacation just started and we really can't go anywhere because I need to be near the bathroom. It's very unfair to my daughter.

Once you get pass the craziness of infancy you'll be glad they are closer in age.
    ivebcummymother

Answer by ivebcummymother at 9:00 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Nope, it is not hard. It can be tiring but, not hard. And you'll get a lot of comments about how close they are. I have three kids born within 22 months it was hard but, now they are 3, 4, and 5 and it much easier.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 11:49 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• My two are 22 months apart (I have a 2-year-old and a 2-month-old), and while I expected (and dreaded) the worst, it really hasn't been that bad. I know part of it at least is their temperaments (my toddler only really throws a fit when I'm feeding the baby and can't get up when he wants me to, and my baby is the happiest and most laid-back baby I've ever seen), but I'd worked myself up so much about it that anything short of having an absolute monster baby would've been better than I expected, lol.
    DragonRiderMD

Answer by DragonRiderMD at 11:53 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• It takes some getting used to, but once you guys find your grove it gets better. It's not hard it is just more active, the worst part for me with the 2 that were close (11 months) was them both being in diapers. But overall not hard at all.
    luckysevenwow

Answer by luckysevenwow at 1:15 PM on Jun. 26, 2009