Have you ever bleached your dark hair and dyed it an unnatural colour?

I'm thinking of doing this and wanted some tips/advice. Anyone ever done it?

lvlymummy08

Asked by lvlymummy08 at 6:15 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Beauty & Style

• I have dark brown/black hair and I've bleached it and dyed it hot pink
    trevsrockinmom

Answer by trevsrockinmom at 6:46 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• all i can sugest is take your time... if you plan on going blonde from a naturally dark hair colour... go to the hair dressers several times and slowly bring the colour down... other wise it will look trashy and YUCK!!! I have Dark brown hair (naturally) and i have been every colour in the world...
    good luck
    ask me more if you need more help :)
    sunshine89

Answer by sunshine89 at 6:54 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• bleaching dark hair depending upon your ethnic back ground and the condition of your hair, can be very damaging...is this going to be a home job or a salon job? Are you the type that changes your mind and in a few weeks wants yet another color to express yourself? There are a lot of questions i would ask before i did something that drastic.I love self expression! but... I would seriously suggest going to a salon...there are all kinds of factor that go into lifting a natural color drastically out of the hair..such as the type of water that you use in your house to bathe in, shampoo, conditioner, products, diet, and the hair shaft itself....seriously! Im a cosmetologist, dont do this drastic change with out a educated back up. Also make sure the hairdresser has excellent credentials and experience. ok?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:57 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• hh yea A LOT. ive had every color under the sun. and as long as you treat it afterwards and atke care of it (yes hair take maintenance if you really wan tit healthy) then you will be fine.

pm me an dill give you details. ive been dying my hair for years and its still long, shiny and healthy.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 12:39 AM on Jun. 28, 2009

• "other wise it will look trashy and YUCK!!! " not true. if you just bleach your hair then leave it...well yea then it will be trailer park. bt if your putting colors on tp of it you'll be fine.

ive had every color from red. pink, blue green, rianbow, leopard print(that took awhile) fuschia, black, brown, auburn etc etc etc etc

currently black with blood red underneath
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 12:41 AM on Jun. 28, 2009