Rash on Your Stomach?

I asked this yesterday but I'm reposting bc I only got one answer. I need ideas desperately! I have a doc's apt scheduled for Monday but they can't see me any sooner. I'm 36 weeks along and I have a rash appearing on my stomach which I think is PUPPS. It itches like wildfire and I've tried oatmeal lotions, cold compresses, Benedryl, just about everything I can think of. I'm scratching it in my sleep so much its breaking the skin, and I can't sleep bc of it. Any suggestions for something that will take away the itching long enough for me to sleep, just until Monday when I go to the doc?? I feel silly going to the ER for something like a rash, but I'm almost at that point!!

Emuu

Asked by Emuu at 7:47 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• omg.. hun i had the same thing at 5 weeks pregnant which isnt common because they say that women usually get it with their first pregnancy in the third trimester but everyone is diffrent. Anyhow, i would scratch so much but honestly DONT..it will make is ALOT worse. I feel for you so bad because it is the worst any pregnant women can ever experiece well excluding child birth that is. I had to go to the doctor nothing worked like you said so they gave me this steroid cream and it went away within the first couple days. You get relief as soon as you put it on. It comes in a white tube with i think a red line and black lettering on it. I would give you the name but i cant seem to find it. The doctors should know what to give you to treat PUPPS. I hope you get some relief soon.
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 7:55 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Oh.. and until you get to your apt. where lose fit clothing and if you really are itching put an ice cube on the spots that are itching the most. Try and stay out the sun. GL
    Proudparent707

Answer by Proudparent707 at 7:56 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I had PUPPS with my son and it SUCKED!!! I asked my dr and he said to use benadryl cream, but actually taking liquid benadryl worked better. The cream only helped for a few minutes, but I stopped using it and started taking benadryl and it made a huge difference.
    abbynzachsmommy

Answer by abbynzachsmommy at 10:24 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I had it with my first pregnancy and let me tell you, nothing made the itching go away. It started on my stomach and spread to the rest of my body. They ONLY thing that HELPED the itching was Zyrtec. Even steroids didn't help. Ask for a prescription of Zyrtec. My doctor gave me a RX for it.
    Also, being in front of a cold air conditioner helps. Stay cool.
    Puppps rash usually won't go away until after you have the baby and it's torture. Worst thing I've ever been through. BTW, scratching makes stretch marks worse, so try not to!
    Anonymous

• Oh yea and Sarna lotion (you can get it at Wal-Mart) helped some. It has a cooling affect on the skin.
    Anonymous

• Oh and I think the cream the other woman is talking about is Triamcinolone Acetonide cream USP, 0.5%. It's a steriod cream and they gave me some too. It didn't really work for me, but it might for you.
    But of course, they didn't actually give me this stuff until after I gave birth so it was already starting to go away anyway. I still have the 2 tubes they gave me.
    Anonymous

• Thank you ladies for the suggestions.. I'm going to try the Zyrtec over the counter and see if it helps any, along with the lotion! Very much appreciated!
    Emuu

Answer by Emuu at 3:00 PM on Jun. 26, 2009