Is this our "progressive" future?

From article:
"A decade ago all three states were among America's most prosperous. California was the unrivaled technology center of the globe. New York was its financial capital. New Jersey is the third wealthiest state in the nation after Connecticut and Massachusetts. All three are now suffering from devastating budget deficits as the bills for years of tax-and-spend governance come due."

"These states have been models of "progressive" policies that are supposed to create wealth: high tax rates on the rich, lots of government "investments," heavy unionization and a large government role in health care."

If these three "model states" are failing, what is going to happen when the country experiences it nationally?

http://online.wsj.com/article/SB124597150183556945.html#mod=djemEditorialPage

P.S. Since it's Friday, the 1200 page "Cap & Trade" bill is slated to be presented to Congress and voted on TODAY! Hang on folks!

LoriKeet

Asked by LoriKeet at 8:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• . IF it were to happen nationally and it will with stupid things such as Cap and Tax, and trillions spent on healthcare. Even the few states that are doing well will have to spend so much money chasing Obamas dream that they too will fall prey to the Liberal agenda. I'm sure Obama hates the fact that a few states are "better off" than others. Equality for all, even if it is equality in debt. States should take care of themselves and as long as it has taken Californians to "get it" they and any other state that falls into debt should be required to reap what they sow until they figure it out. You are the only one who can change the way your state or your Country are run. VOTE and Pay attention. The Americans that voted for Obama mostly on false premises are now realizing that they will have to reap what they have sown I hope it teaches people to go with their head and not their heart in these situations
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 10:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Somehow you want to blame the President again ,yes??
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Alaska is doing just fine.
    Business Week selected Anchorage , Alaska 1place to start over.
    http://www.ktuu.com/Global/story.asp?S=10599271
    Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 8:41 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Yes! Alaska is doing just fine!!

WHO is their governor again??

I"m telling you, this is scary stuff... hopefully our prestigious congressmen and women take their heads out of the rumps for a few minutes and really LOOK at this Cap and Trade bill...
    christaberk

Answer by christaberk at 8:48 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Looks like Alaska is doing just fine and is PROSPERING, unlike most other States like Michigan which is a total failure. So who's your Governor? Oop there it is....oop there it is.....

tyme4me2day

Answer by tyme4me2day at 8:52 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• LMAO @ Tyme and Christa!!!

Seriously Tristana...the article was talking about NEW YORK, NEW JERSEY, and CALIFORNIA....not Alaska!! Can you TRY and think about the "lower 48" once in a while?! LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:57 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• First ANON...

To answer your question: Ummmmm......YES!!!
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 8:58 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Nice to know you picked such a non-biased editorial--the Wall Street Journal! LOL!! That's like me picking The Nation or Mother Jones for all my posts (I don't).
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• It is obvious. The country will fail.
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 9:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Lori Keet
    Do it makes you feel better when you attack me? Were did I say that I only think about Alaska?Did you read the link what I posted? I don't think so.
    Tristana

Answer by Tristana at 9:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2009