If somene had the power to take away your faith and your God, what would happen to your life?

It's amazing the amount of people who say their lives would be nothing without their God. The lack of faith and love people place in themselves is quite disturbing.

I want to know- if you take God out of your life, what do you think would happen? Would it fall apart? Would you not be strong enough to live? Would you feel helpless, meaningless and insignificant? Why do you think you need a God in order to live?

I don't want to hear a bunch of 'I can't take God out of my life' crap- just think about how it would be without him and tell me how it feels. Use your imagination...

IhartU

Asked by IhartU at 8:23 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Her version of joy and happiness is mediocre and unfullfilling to me. I want more.

this is exactly the same way I feel when I read posts stating that god is the only reason for someone's happiness and fulfillment. Even without belief in god, I can manage to get through difficult times and also enjoy the small things in life as well as the "blessings" like family. Some can't imagine their lives without god, and I can't imagine needing one. Nobody will ever agree on this...
    Koukla12905

Answer by Koukla12905 at 11:47 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I know what would happen. I'd die,lost and without Him. And, spend eternity seperated from him,and, that is the worst part of hell in my opinion. To spend an eternity away from my Heavenly Father, who lovingly created me, never left me, even when I did Him,welcomed me back with open arms, saved my life,then saved my soul,is always close to me, never leaves me, never forsakes me, always keeps every promise He ever made, and will someday return to take me to be with Him forever. I can't even fathom a life without Him, and really don't want to. I realize your question is strictly hypothetical, but that's my real answer. Hope you get what I'm trying to say. Without God, my life would have no meaning. He's the one who blessed me with my husband, my children, my health, my church, my job, and everything else. Nothing would have much meaning if He weren't the center of it all. At least for me.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 8:28 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• All I can say is AMEN stvmen88!!
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 8:45 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• i'd be as insignificant as anyone without a god. there would be not eternal hope to strive for. life would just 'be' until i died, which would be the end. with not hope of eternity.lost, in a crowd of matter, waiting to go 'poof' and be no more.
    i could be as bad as my nature wants to be, with no consequences. i wouldn't have to worry about my testimony and how my actions affect others. i pretty much wouldn't have a care in the world, so to speak.
    what would happen to YOUR LIFE if someone had the power to take away whatever it is that holds you as YOU? that strenght that ties all your little parts together so that you can put a smile on your face when the going gets tough? (just wondering why this was aimed at xtians, when nons have just as much faith in something, if not God/a god.)
    thehairnazi

Answer by thehairnazi at 9:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• God makes me feel safer. Without God I would be a total control freak. I'm not big enough or powerful enough or knowledgeable enough to keep myself safe, not to mention my family. So I would be very paranoid.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• It's amazing the amount of people who say their lives would be nothing without their God. The lack of faith and love people place in themselves is quite disturbing.

Ihartu, I don't think you understand. People before they met God were like you a life they don't want to live. YOur life however appears not to be that satisfying. YOu have settled for the mediocre and continue to search for the meaning WHY. Christians that have found God no longer needs to go searching for the WHY because now we know. We have no need to fear for the future because it is secure. You are on a website trying to find answers and get ideas to make life easier.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• These are scary answers. I have LOTS of things to strive for. My kids being successful, my marriage being wonderful, trying to be a good person in general. Why do you need a god to help you with that? And why would you feel so lost if you found out for sure he doesn't exist? Nothing to strive for? Geez.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• we know the answer and our lives are made easier. The more I listen to people like you make me more appreciative that I have found the savior and he has opened my eyes to the truth and REAL meaning of LIfe.
    ptomom678

Answer by ptomom678 at 9:19 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• ptomom678, that's pretty arrogant and demeaning. Why would you think she's in a life she deosn't want to be in? Or that she's unhappy? I happen to be friends with her and you couldn't be further from the truth about her.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:22 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• ptomom678, I agree with you completely! I've never had my eyes so open as they've been since I was saved. God truly did lift the blinders,and I was able to see the world for what it truly has become,and it just makes me happy to know I don't have to deal with it alone anymore,and sad for the ones who still do.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:24 AM on Jun. 26, 2009