I have bumps on my elbows, anyone know what it is and how to get rid of it?

I have perfectly round circles on my elbows with bumps. They don't itch or hurt. My elbows are not dry or cracked. They just have ugly red bumpy circles. Anyone eles know what it could be and how to get rid of them? I have tryed several creams for rashes, but it seemed to make the red circle darker. I have a doctors appointment in 13 days. It would be nice to get rid of them before then, I hate wearing long sleeves in 100 degree weather. Please help, it is so ugly!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:32 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Health

• Could your skin be reacting to scratchy fabric? I had that happen once. It took me weeks to figure out that the elbow irritation was caused by a polyester dress I'd been wearing. When I started only wearing cotton tops, the elbow irritation went away.
    SWasson

Answer by SWasson at 8:52 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Are the circles red?
    You may want to have a doctor check them out because you may have gotten ringworm, which needs to be treated with a prescription topical ointment.
    Ringworm isn't dangerous, but it is contagious.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:30 AM on Jun. 27, 2009