Sisters in Christ, do you remember what your life was like before you came to Jesus? Would you ever want to go back to that life for any reason?

I can remember who I was,and what I acted like when I was in the world. And, it's not a pretty memory! I can't think of anything in this world that has given me the peace, love, and stability that walking with Christ has blessed me with. There isn't anything the world could ever offer me to make me go back to that way of life. God has filled me with His spirit, His love, His peace, His mercy, His grace, and His forgiveness,and the world just can't match up to that on it's best day. No, I think I'll stay right where I'm at, happy,and confident in God's Holy, Written Word, safe in the promises contained in it's pages, that Jesus will return, and I will spend eternity in paradise with them, getting to praise my Heavenly Father daily,no pain, no sorrow, no tears. That's the life I'm living for!

stvmen88

Asked by stvmen88 at 8:57 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• yep, I remember and no way would i go back. I walked away from Him practiced a pagan religion and He welcomed me back with open arms. What I had been looking for in the lifestyle I was in only left me empty, hopeless, and dead inside. There is nothing that could make me walk away from Him ever again.
    bonn777

Answer by bonn777 at 11:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Nope...Not even if somebody offered me a very large amount of money would I ever turn away from the Lord again...Yes, I said again. I got into a lot of other beliefs and never found what I have in Christ love.
    7257PamLaFs

Answer by 7257PamLaFs at 9:03 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• AMEN! Sister, I agree with you, there isn't anything that would ever make me turn away, either. God bless you sweetie!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:06 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• "He gets sweeter as the days go by." Remember that old gospel song? That's what came to my mind when I read what you wrote. He grows more precious and more dear with every passing day, and I can't imagine my life without Him. I also often wonder how people who don't have Him in their lives make it through the trials of life. His comforting presence is truly awesome.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 9:10 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Isn't that the truth, NannyB.? I love that old song, it's one of my favorites,and after you put that, I realized you were right. God bless you!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I am Catholic and went to Catholic schools up until 8th grade, so I have had a lot of religion, I now only go to church on Holidays. Overly religious people really creep me out, I think that they should keep their beliefs to themselves and not preach to other people.
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 9:14 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• excuse me, I think I need to go puke
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:15 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Anon, honey, you will be in my prayers. If you are that miserable, you feel you have to come on to a very positive post, and say something nasty,then it's obvious you are crying out for prayers. I've added you to my prayer list. God bless you.
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• yes i remember , and no way would i go back!!
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 9:19 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• You're right mommymeg03! I always say, I wasn't really living, I was just existing,and there is a HUGE difference between the two, as I've found out over the last 6+ years!
    stvmen88

Answer by stvmen88 at 9:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2009