How did you get rid of or prevent swollen feet/ankles?

I'm 22 weeks pregnant and yesterday it looked like my feet were a little swollen. Is there anyway I could prevent this from happening or getting worse?

msnicole88

Asked by msnicole88 at 9:06 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Prop your feet up, at this stage of pregnancy, your feet and maybe your hands will swell, especially in the heat. Keep your feet propped up and stay cool.
    kustomkrochet

Answer by kustomkrochet at 9:15 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• in addition to PP, drink lots of water.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 9:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• If you wear socks make sure they aren't too tight and putting pressure on the tissues. If you are standing for a long time, sit down for a while. if you tend to sit for a long time, then stand up for a while. You want to keep the blood and fluids moving in your body because you have more of it. Ditto to the drinking water so your body is not encouraged to hold on to even more water.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:13 AM on Jun. 26, 2009