Constipation?(sp)

My dd Sarah is 19 months old. The last 2 days she has barely pooped. Just a tiny bit from what I saw, But shes constanly pulling at her diaper from behind and whines when she does it. This is like at least 10 times a day. This morning she poops but it was a small amount and it was very hard. How can I make her go without it hurting her? Is she really constipated?

jessduncan77

Asked by jessduncan77 at 9:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Buy some gerber prune baby food...that will work...you can also massage her tummy....

Maybe we should get her & Kat together & they can even each other out.
    KatieBellsMom

Answer by KatieBellsMom at 10:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Is she drinking enough water? Dairy, meat and bananas are all constipating. Give her lots of fruits, vegetables, whole grains and legumes.

Answer by rkoloms at 9:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• my pedi recommended a half a teaspoon of baby benefiber a day. Give it a week or so and it should work..or you can aslo try to add a liquid stool softener ...in a drink along with the benefiber ..about a half a teaspoon. its safe and has helped us with this prob. Try it or check it out with your pedi. first ..good luck
    rOEY802

Answer by rOEY802 at 3:03 AM on Jun. 28, 2009