Last night I saw the footage of Michael holding his baby out the window for the first time since I became a mother...

It made my blood run cold!!! I was so disturbed I can't shake the feeling it gave me! He tries to get the baby over the railing, the baby's feet get caught, then he precariously forces him over the rail anyway, hold him for a second with one arm under both of the baby's arms. The baby starts to wiggle and he suddenly realizes that he could loose control, grabs the baby and runs inside.

I don't know why this didn't bother me in the same way before I had a son of my own. It is really frightening to watch (even though I know that the baby did not fall). This does not seem like the action of a father on his 3rd child! MAYBE a new parent might make this mistake, but he should have been a veteran by then!

Does this footage disturb anyone else as much as it does me? Do you feel differently about this footage now that you are a parent?

beckcorc

Asked by beckcorc at 9:33 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think when it all boils down to it, he wasn't thinking and got caught up in the moment. Though I do not condone what he did I will say this, remember that interview with the English journalist? In that interview he talks about this incident and he said just that. I can't remember exactly how he worded it but basically his explanation was the fans were gathering outside his hotel and they were chanting the babies name because they wanted to see him/her so he got the baby and showed it to the fans.

I would never dangle my baby over the railing of a balcony because I am always freaked out about what could happen to them, becuase I am their mom. My husband however has done some things that have made my mouth drop open and made me say "I cannot beleive you did that! Dont' ever do it again!"

Men have a different perception of safety in regards to children then women do, and MJ was a man...
    violaswamp

Answer by violaswamp at 3:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Yes it does. I think he wasn't thinking but really meant no harm. Just no common sense.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:35 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Like I said in a PP, the elevator didn't go all the way upstairs for him. Disgusting man. It bothered me the first time I saw it before I was a mom!
    amy31308

Answer by amy31308 at 9:37 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I agree that he just wasn't thinking, I don't think he was trying to hurt the baby. It just really made my blood cold and my stomach harden into a pit to see it!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:38 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• It was very shocking. However, he was not the only celeb to do this. If you will recall, Steve Irwin "pretended" his new son was walking up to an crock. He came very very close. This also made world news. Michael Jackson had a very weird existance. I beleive he was abused in many ways. He was accused of some very serious things. Putting his lifestyle aside, he is an American Icon. It is about the music. Decades of great music, enjoyed world wide. I was a teen when his Off The Wall album came out. I still love the songs from that record. Personal feelings aside, he was a very talented man, and I think the music industry as well as his family has suffered a terrible loss. Just because he was famous does not give people the right to say they are happy he is dead...that to me is more than heartless. You didn't say it, but many people are. Very cold indeed.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:41 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• maybe he wasn't thinking either when he molested those children,
    staceynoel

Answer by staceynoel at 9:42 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Amy, I just didn't get how scary it was when I was younger I guess. I am a lot more sensitive to most things now that I am a mom. I used to be fascinated with the macabre and now I can't even watch some episodes of Law & Order SVU!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:42 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• salexander, I get what you are saying, but I don't want to get into the molestation debate on this thread. I am just talking about how some people become more sensitive to things after becoming a parent. Great point about Steve Irwin! That would probably freak me out too! I haven't seen that since I became a mother either. I really adored the croc hunter too, but I knew that was a crazy move. I still think I'd shudder a bit more if I saw it now!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 9:46 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Was he ever found "guilty" of molestation? and have you read the history of the families that filed charges against Michael?
    2wndrfl_btrflys

Answer by 2wndrfl_btrflys at 9:46 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

Where is your proof? Those were only accusations and really I think people just wanted money and which in 1 case they got it. WTH hell takes money if their child is molested? I would fight tooth and nail for them to be in jail than take dirty money.  Anyway, lets stay on topic but I had to respond to your ignorance.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 9:47 AM on Jun. 26, 2009