do you buy more clothing for your kids then for yourself?

every time i go shopping i will always end up at the kids session buying clothing for my daughter and nothing for myself.

(my husband so good to me and him and my daughter went shopping he only got stuff for me and nothing for his daughter.)Only did this once and he does not like black too much and most of my clothing is dark colors

I keep wanted to buy clothing for my daughter. The good part is buying stuff for my daughter is so cheap when it goes on sale. I do not buy full-price i only buy stuff that on sale and it look good and cute on my daughter.

mommytobe24

Asked by mommytobe24 at 10:42 PM on Jun. 21, 2008 in General Parenting

• I know I do. I was mad at my hubby the othe night so I went to Wally World to spend money on myself...I ended up leaving with diapers, 2 outfits for my DD and new underwear for my hubby?? how does that work?? lol
    marigrimes

Answer by marigrimes at 10:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Yes! I do get new cloths here & there. But, usually my girls are well stocked with cloths. This year has been a liitle slow getting them an entire wardrobe (We'll get tons of outfits every season & then get them extras here & there) So, everytime we got paid we got the girls 3 or 4 outfits (every week). Seems to work out to be more =/
    moms_sanity

Answer by moms_sanity at 11:11 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• I usually buy for the kids first with what the need for the beginning of the season... then I go later if we have money to buy for myself. Recently, I got into a tiff with my DH's cousin over shoes. He thinks that anyone and everyone needs to buy shoes that are $50 or more... but for us I have to spread that $50 5 ways!!
    cmy3kids

Answer by cmy3kids at 11:55 PM on Jun. 21, 2008

• Sigh... yes.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 12:42 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• always sometimes i go to the stores for myself and my hubby and the next thing i know im shopping for my three yr old who has everything, that is needed for summer and dad and i are still trying to get our wardrobe ready for the summer, we never get more than the three yr old.
    misspriss42

Answer by misspriss42 at 4:43 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• yep alway ways to easy to keep pickin up sweet clothes that are nice prices and go over board,
    sammy04k

Answer by sammy04k at 11:26 AM on Jun. 22, 2008

• It seems like every time I plan on going out to buy something for myself one of my kids will outgrow their clothes overnight and there's nothing left in my budget for me! If it weren't for my hubby buying things for me I'd probably be running around in my bathrobe all the time. Good thing DH has good taste! LOL
    jessradtke

Answer by jessradtke at 8:07 PM on Jun. 22, 2008