im confused

i dont need a label, but i wish i had a place to go with like minded ppl..i dont fit in with church's because i do believe in the power of nature/elements/chi/energy flow/mediums/hell ive talked to spirits whether you believe that or not.....but i dont fit in with the pagans/wiccans etc. because i do believe in god, angels, satan etc. then throw on the fact i take from some of the philosophies of buddhism and how they view life. im very eclectic...and because of this, i fit in no where spiritually. you know i believe you can astrally project, what church's believe in that? but i also believe that heaven is real ONLY once we have been fully englightened in this life and that is atken from buddhism and hindu....so i take from so many different pots im a mut...lol.

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 9:58 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• You don't seem confused to me. You seem like you know exactly what you believe in. So what exactly are you confused about? I have not always labeled myself as Hindu. I did not like being attached to any kind of organized religion. But Hinduism is more of a philosophy, than a religion. I don't like to throw out the word god too much. To me, god is the love and/or vibration that flows through everything living and non living. That is not the usual description of god, even though in my mind it's the same thing. So, i don't use the word god. But, i believe in all the fundamental teachings of hinduism. I just recently agreed to my Hindu faith, even though i have always believed in it. Maybe to be part of a like minded group of people. But, i have also excepted that i am the one & only in my personal world. None of my close friends here on the east coast ....continues

samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:07 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Enjoy being a mut...lol... even tho I title myself as a Wiccan-Witch I am more leaning towards Deist-Witch... I also believe that we are here in cycles... that there is no heaven or hell and that we only become one with ALL after our lifes journeys(cycles) are complete.

I think WE each may not completely fit in as a whole or one with others(even Christians) bc we ALL do not agree 100% on all topics even in the same faith...
    That is what makes us each special wither you are spiritual or not...

gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 10:08 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• i know what i believe.
    i just wish i had other ppl with the same......makes me wonder why so far am i th eonly one who subscribes to this melting pot of beliefs
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:09 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• i guess i just wish i had somewhere to go....somewhere that felt divine to me.....but i cant...a church doesnt grasp all of it .......pagan meetups dont........honestly most things god related im shunned before i open my mouth because im tatted up and pierced.

it would be nice to have a "temple" "meeting place" but i dont fit any
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I am more of an mut too. I have been calling myself Pagan, beacause the bible doesn't compel me like it seems to most Christians. In fact, about the only thing I don't believe in that you do is the devil and demons. And I believe in reincarnation, but only after we have went "Home" for reflection on this life. So, I guess I am just as much of a mut as you are. lol
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Check into non-denominational churches in your area - you can look in your phone book if there are any in your area. I once attended one that sounds like what you're looking for - they respected all religious views, read scriptures from just about every major religion's holy books, etc. They are generally smaller and meet in rented rooms, but you are more likely to find like-minded people that way. Good luck!
    JPsMommy605

Answer by JPsMommy605 at 10:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• not one of my friends here on the east coast share even an ounce of of what i believe. I secretly wake up every morning & do my meditations & puja....and not one of my friends know about it. It's my personal decision to practice hinduism, so i kind of learned not to care of wether i am with like minded folks or not. I pratice my techniques, & i do my own spirital thing & that's all that really matters to me now. It IS nice when i come across someone i can chat religion with (other than cafe mom) i DO miss my west coast devotee friends......we wouls sit & metitate together & chant for hours. But, for some reason my life is not surrounded by spiritual people anymore, & i grew to accept that. I understand your desire to be with like minded people though, it REALLY increases your spirituality to be around people who think similarly.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Check out Self realization fellowship. I have been to quite a few of their temples, and went to their convocation quite a few times out in LA. the only reason i mention it, is because there ARE people there of ALL walks of life. I have met here:

Witches
    Tibeten monks
    Sikh's
    Muslims
    Christians
    Satanists
    Atheists(usually there for the meditation techniques only, they care less about the other teachings)
    & tatooed peirced people

It's a melting pot of religion, but bases most of it's teachings on meditation techniques.

http://www.yogananda-srf.org/aboutsrf/index.html

Since you said melting pot, this was the best place i could think of.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 10:20 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Not bad if you just say you are spiritually eclectic LOL. I do sometimes cuz it fits best.

You dont sound confused, you sound very sure of your beliefs.
    Amaranth361

Answer by Amaranth361 at 11:05 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• This can give you an idea of where your beliefs fit in as far as organized religion: http://www.beliefnet.com/Entertainment/Quizzes/BeliefOMatic.aspx
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:07 AM on Jun. 26, 2009