How to tell if your allergic to something?

I took 1000mg fish oil today, at 6 am.. by 6:20 it felt like my throat was closing a LITTLE. so i ate some stuff and drank alot of water. by 730 it still wasnt that much better so i took one benadryl seemed to help somewhat. i took fish oil before but it wasnt the same brand and was ok, i still feel kind of weird like my throat is closing but really slowly, is this a reaction or just a panic attack? my husband seems to think im ok and doesnt want to sit in the hosp i dont either unless we have to. is it possible for my throat to be closing really slowly? or if it was some kind of reaction would it happen faster? it is 10:23 am if that makes any difference.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:24 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Health

• could be a slight reaction, just don't take it again
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• My husband is allergic to most seafood and a few other things and that is what happens to him. His allergies have gotten worse over the years as far as more foods that he is allergic to. He's never had to go to the hospital, though. The worst of it usually goes away after about an hour for him with getting the hiccups at the end. Although I think he still feels crappy for a few hours afterwards. Unless you can't breathe or drink, I wouldn't go to the hospital, but I would avoid taking that supplement again.
    Christina807

Answer by Christina807 at 10:51 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I sounds like an allergic reaction to the fish oil. You may have an allergy to fish/seafood. I would call the doctor or ER and find out. Allergic reactions are nothing to fool around with. People die from allergic reactions.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 26, 2009