back pain

i have really bad chronic back pain. my new doctor will not prescribe enough pain meds for me. has anyone had this happen and what did you do?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Ask to be referred to a Pain Management specialist. They use non-surgical pain treatments directly at the site of pain. Some treatments work better than others so they will try one a couple of times and if it doesn't work then they will try another. What works for one person doesn't necessarily mean it will work for another. I've had a lot of people tell me that the epidural treatments never worked for them, yet just one treatment has me in a lot less pain than before.
    If you'd like to see what Pain Management is all about, you can look at the website of the practice I visit to see what it is all about: www.treatingpain.com
    Doctors are frowning on frequent pain pill users now because they can become addictive and that is why your doctor may not be willing to give you more.
    I wish you well!
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:52 AM on Jun. 26, 2009