Not really a question, but

I heard on the radio this morning that a mom in a neighboring county was arrested for shooting a man that molested her child. What do you think? Should she have been arrested? I think not. I think I'd do the same thing!

Buffie95

Asked by Buffie95 at 10:29 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Relationships

• Well, I think they have to arrest her, at least until they investigate and find out exactly what happened. If he did in fact molest her child, then no, I don't think she should be convicted or anything. But they can't just take her word for it that this is why she did it, otherwise people would go around shooting others and claiming it's b/c they molested thier child, or sister or whatever.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 10:32 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• We have laws for a reason. You CANNOT take the law into your own hands as much as you may want to. She committed a crime, yes she should have been arrested.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:41 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I think it is sad, but she should have used the justice system. Now her child is going to be without a mother.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 10:42 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• They had to arrest her. Regardless of what happens, it's never ok to take the life of another human being. That being said.....had it been my child, I cannot promise that I would not have done the same thing!
    KennsWifey

Answer by KennsWifey at 10:48 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• what if it was the wrong guy? What if he had a twin? What if the child made it up? There are a lot of variables. This is why we allow the state to prove them guilty...then shoot them! My ex beat a man half to death when we found out he tried to molest my dd. It was a small town. I had reported it to the authorities and they wouldn't arrest the guy since there was no penetration so we took care of it. We got a phone call from the Prosecutor saying that he wasn't going to arrest us for it bc he knew why it happened but if he ever heard our name again he'd throw the book at us! lol I'm not saying what we did was right but the guy admitted he had a problem and touched her. He had used our bathroom and passed her room on the way back in to the living room. I had heard the toilet flush then when he didn't come in the LR I sent someone after him to see what he was doing so he didn't have a lot of time to do much but it was enough

Answer by admckenzie at 10:58 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• No matter the circumstance, it is never okay to take another life.
    Anonymous

• He didn't die. She didn't have good aim.
    Buffie95

Answer by Buffie95 at 9:57 PM on Jun. 26, 2009