Why mourn or honor the death of a child molestor?

Seriously, why is everyone so sad about his death? He was a child molestor!!! My husband and I were watching t.v. last night and the only thing that we saw was talk shows talking about him, music stations playing his music, and movie channels playing movies that he was in or where people had protrayed him. I know that his death was unexpected but I would have rather seen shows honoring a woman who had fought a brave fight with cancer and someone who was NOT a child molestor!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Just for Fun

• he may have been a child molester, but not conviceted noone really knows besides him & the children involved anyways idc that he died and i'm tired of ALL the channels playing his shit
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 10:45 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• It not nice to speak ill of the dead.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:30 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I'm not mourning, but I am also not convinced MJ was a child molester. Inappropriate? Yes. Peter Pan Syndrome? Yes. Weird? Yes. Disturbed? Yes. These do not a child molester make. I am not even convinced MJ had any sort of sexual inclinations at all considering his obsessive focus on his face, his privacy, and his self-delusions of perpetual youth.

IF he was a child molester and the parents were so easily bought off by money, what does that tell you about the parents? I'm just saying... accusation made just to exploit? Entirely possible.
    amileegirl

Answer by amileegirl at 10:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I totally agree with amileegirl. He was never charged with anything. Was he weird? Yes. Is he a proven child molester? No. Besides, for all the God fearing folk, isn't it up to Him to judge if there is anything he needs to be judged for? We have no absolute proof he did anything wrong.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Well thats your opinion OP... and a very rude one at that... he was NEVER charged of anything!!

It's terrible that people really think like this!... The man is DEAD!... He had a family.. and CHILDREN!!....
    JuLiAnSmOmMy317

Answer by JuLiAnSmOmMy317 at 10:39 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Michael Jackson was a strange cookie. No doubt about that.

I always felt sorry for him..for years and years. His childhood was stolen out from under him. As a result, he did some very strange things.

I never thought of him as a child molester. He was acquitted in court. He's never been convicted of a sex crime. To say he is a child molester is really slander/libel.

Farah Fawcett never meant anything to me. So I did not feel anything when she passed other than feeling that it is sad for those who knew her.

I am mourning MJ a bit. I feel he is a celebrity I grew up alongside. We are almost the same age. His music was atatched to many good times and memories in my life. I've always felt sorry for him and now I feel that a life that, at one time, had SO MUCH POTENTIAL went terribly wrong along the way...and then ended abruptly. That is sad.
    YuppyMom

Answer by YuppyMom at 10:42 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• He was eccentric, that doesn't make him a child molester. One of the kids that said he did it admitted his parents lied to get money out of him. I think he loved kids in a pure manner and that made him an easy target for money hungry low lifes. And now he is forever tainted and made out to be a monster by people who refuse to consider that he was innocent. And now people are on here saying they are glad he's dead?! I hope people say the same about you when you die. I hope you never feel the pain of losing a child, which is what his mother is going through right now.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:42 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Not once did I say that I was glad that he was dead. I don't wish anyone dead. I understand that his family and friends are mourning BUT why are people who never knew him mourning him?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:45 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Ecsentric does not equal a molester. What ever happened to innocent until proven guilty?

I did not know him personally so to "mourn" would be a bit silly. But I will say this until I am blue in the face, ( maybe some of you younger moms won't ever relate because you are so young) he was an American Icon, he was a very talented man who left this world decades upon decades of some of the most amazing music. It is a great loss for the music industry not too mention his family. Would you walk up to anyone elses family and tell them you are happy their loved one is dead. You want to talk of wastes of oxygen and happy they are dead, try Hitler or Sadam Hussein. These people are the ones who should have people dancing on their graves. It is not about Michael...it is about his music.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:48 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• People who never knew him..can still have a connection to him. I remember sitting with my dearest girlfriend as children...crushing on Michael Jackson. LOL. We would sit and talk about him and how cute he was. We would sing his songs. To this day we would both break out singing "Ben" in silly voices when we saw each other and then crack up laughing.

People who never knew him can still appreciate the loss of an amazing talent who will no longer make music.

People who never knew him can recall watching his entire life unfold in the media.... Some may have felt bad for what he had been through.

People, can be, very loving and empathetic believe it or not.
    YuppyMom

Answer by YuppyMom at 10:49 AM on Jun. 26, 2009