Should I seperate my sons two month shots? I have heard that the single shot contains a preservative that may cause autism. Has anyone else heard this?

2 month old shots - will giving them seperate prevent autism?

hksummer

Asked by hksummer at 10:34 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Health

• If your doctor will do it, then go for it. Someone here is going to tell you that all shots cause autism though , so go with your gut.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:37 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Immunizations DO NOT cause Autisim. In order for a child to get Autisim, they have to have a genetic predisposition. Environmental factors, problems at birth or in womb and many other things contibute to contracting Autisim. Also, the shot that people think causes Autisim is the MMR and that isn't given until about 18 months-2 years, which is when most cases of Autisim are diagnosised. But it is your choice as a parent as to when, if or how your child is immunized. But remember that children can die from chicken pox and measles and pregnant women exposed to either can miscarry or deliver a child that has the disease and that is NOT healthy or good for the baby.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 11:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• They don't use mercury as a preservative in vaccines anymore and I personally do not think immunizations cause Autism. However, talk to your doctor about your concerns. If you feel more comfortable waiting or separating the shots, your pediatrician should understand.
    lvpenguino

Answer by lvpenguino at 11:49 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I find it very ignorant for women to say vaccines don't cause autism. They have never been proven NOT to cause it.
    And yes, they do use mercury in vaccines. Here is a list of vaccines that still use it: http://www.vaccinesafety.edu/thi-table.htm
    Have you looked at the ingredients in vaccines?
    http://www.cdc.gov/vaccines/pubs/pinkbook/downloads/appendices/B/excipient-table-1.pdf CDC's list of ingredients. Formaldehyde (known to cause cancer!), aluminum, polysorbate 80, mouse brains, monkey kideny, aborted fetal tissue (human diploid tissue)
    And Autism isn't the only thing vaccines can cause. There are PROVEN side affects listed in the package inserts of the vaccines:
    http://www.ctvia.org/index.cfm?folder=154 Package inserts that come with every vaccine. Doctors usually don't just hand them out though. You have to ask for them. Look over ALL of the adverse reactions. Death, arthritis, siezures, diabetes, etc.
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 5:40 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Also, at my page www.myspace.com/parentsagainstvax BOBBY KENNEDY (I'm sure we all know who he is) reports on how he has studied it VERY INTENSLY and mercury - vaccines cause autism. The videos are on the left. :) If you have ANY questions, please feel free to send me a message. Good luck with everything. :)
    Autumn22

Answer by Autumn22 at 5:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Have your doctor order single dose preservative free vaccines.

Answer by rkoloms at 7:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Separate, delay (until they are toddlers) or just don't.
    My son went for his 2 mo shots Jan 15 of this yr (and a well baby check up, VERY HEALTHY and happy), died January 24 in his sleep. There are moms on here whose babies have had different types of reactions to vaccines (including death).
    babycakes254

Answer by babycakes254 at 10:03 PM on Jun. 26, 2009