Anyone have a suggestion for a cheap, fun, KID friendly camera?

My almost 4 yr old LOVES to take pictures but I surely am not letting him loose with my digital camera! I see those kiddie cameras in the store, has anyone tried any? He just thinks its cool to take pictures..so we're not talking major mexapixels or memory here..just click n shoot..so he can see it in the cameras screen :)
Thanks! Amy

southernlamom

Asked by southernlamom at 10:36 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• My 3yo has ones of those Fisher Price kid tough cameras. She loves it. The photo quality isn't high but it holds like 600 pictures in the memory so she can snap away to her hearts content and it will take an okay picture if she holds still (my older kids take pretty good ones with it). It's easy to hold (has big grips on both sides) and 2 eye holes for easy viewing but also has a digital screen on the back.
    She got it for Christmas when she was 2 1/2 and already knows how to take pictures, look through the memory and delete photos she doesn't want to keep. the kids fight over using it (my other kids are 9, 7 and 6). I love to see the stuff she takes photos off. They are very interesting perspectives and I can see how her little mind is working.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 10:55 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• have you seen the ones at walmart they are kid proof. they show them on tv all the time. and they are like no more then $20 at the store
    thehippiebaby

Answer by thehippiebaby at 10:48 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• the pictures in the kid ones suck. get him a cheaper real digital. when i got my new camera we gave the boys our old one and i think for xmas i am getting noah a new digital. probably just a cheap kodak easy share. he will only be able to use it with me there and when hes done he will put it up. hes great with cameras though.
    06-07mom

Answer by 06-07mom at 11:04 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• One of my girls has the fisher price kid tough digital camera and the other has the little tikes one and the fisher price one is so much better. It really is kid tough we have had it for about 3 years and it still works great even after being left outside for 2 days straight. It's definitely worth the money. We never print the pictures so not sure about quality they just like to look at them while their taking them.
    sophia_03_27

Answer by sophia_03_27 at 9:48 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• We got my DD a VTech one for Christmas and it's great. She had one before, I think it was Fisher Price and it didn't last. This one is durable, even my 1y/o gets to it and it still works :) I really love it!!
    cmkahn

Answer by cmkahn at 9:58 PM on Jun. 27, 2009