catholics.....and other god based religions but i really want to hear a catholics opinion too (its all about catholics lately lol)

petty question. for your church, im curious, if someone walked in with 2 piercings in tehir face, stretched ear lobes, tattoo's (the most noticeable being a seraphim angel on my arm. its huge) black and red hair.
would you welcome them.....or immediately think omg and not want anything to do with them......and how do you think your actual church would react

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• and why is this mainly a catholic question?
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:51 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• because im curious since most ppl tell me catholics are stricter and more ritualistic
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 10:53 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Honestly, you might get some strange looks if you walked into my Church like that, but that's mainly because most of our congregation are senior citizens. You might even get a few older, overzealous, ladies who "over-welcomed" you (if that's possible) because they might see you as somebody who really needs God's love and direction in your life. For the most part you would be welcomed warmly though and that includes by our Priest.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:58 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• at my church they'd be welcomed. We are very by the rules and conservative, thats just the nature of catholic religion. But we also are welcoming and at my church our father is a really nice man and not one to make anyone feel uncomfortable.
    nellyb118

Answer by nellyb118 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• to add on...the reason i added the cath bit. i cant explain why but my entire life ive had this weird interest and sorta felt drawn to catholicism even though ive neve actually stepped foot into a catholic church
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:01 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• OP--You're obviously someone who likes attention...good or bad...so why would you care what others think of you? That's the problem with your choices in tattoos, piercings, and attitude...you ALLOW people who don;t know you from Adam (pun intended!), to cast judgement...even if you are the nicest person on the planet. Why alienate yourself, then expect to be accepted?!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:04 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• common misconception. i dont have body art for attention. im always the quiet one in the room actually. i hae body art because thats what it is to me...BODY ART. i am an artist, musician, dancer..my husband can draw amazing works of art. i have art on my walls. i love art...in many different forms. and to me piercings and tattoo's are just that, works of gorgeous art . are their some ppl who get tats for attention, unfortunately yes. but that seems desperate to me to get permanent ink just for attention grabbing. ig et showered with enough attention from my wonderful hubby. its not about that at all. i just love artwork and all of my tattoo's are self designed works of art and expressive.im not alienating myself either. thats like saying if you wear white after labor day your alienating yourself. i just LOVE art and i dont feel a need to deny that love because some ppl hate tats. but your answer had nothing to do with question
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I am not Catholic. I am Baptist. My religion also specifies modesty in certain areas. However, let me tell ya.....we have had many a visitor with piercings, tattoos, etc., and you know what? God loves them just as much as me and I welcome them and talk to them just as I would anyone else. I have no right to judge for any reason. I'd say come on in! We are glad to have you!
    lucindamartinez

Answer by lucindamartinez at 11:11 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• some women wear capri's because they like them...others wear green eyeshadow cause they like it. i have tats and piercings because i like how it looks, i love art and i feel good in them aesthetically. its really annoying how people assume its about attention or revolting or anarchy. im a damn army vet , please.....you think i try to fight the system? IM FOR THE SYSTEM and i ant stand ppl who are against our society and government and dont appreciate the US. so please...save all of that nonsense for a teenager who does get piercings for attention. its rather wasted on me dear.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:13 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• when it comes to modesty..one thin i will say....i do think its morally wrong to walk around dressed like a hoochie. that is what modesty and being conservative means to me....keeping your goods for your hubby lol.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:14 AM on Jun. 26, 2009