Advice??

I have a 14 year old sister that is soo out of control and our dad is asking me for advice. I honestly don't know what to tell him because I am in PR and they're in AZ!! I haven't seen my sister in almost 5 years!! I mean she's lying about her age(she claims to be 16, 17) and having sex with a 19 year old, who thinks she is 18!! I mean looks can be deceiving but Jesus!! Now she refuses to go to school, and they're in the process of moving and she won't go with them. She's run away twice, she has been picked up by the cops 4 times in 1 month, she got expelled from school for assault, she has a court case pending from Myspace.com for cyberbullying, and she just does whatever she pleases!! I mean my dad is a great parent...he's never spanked any of us, he does everything to please and is just so supportive, but my sister is out of control. Any ideas of how to talk to her, or how to talk to my dad??

jazi1105

Asked by jazi1105 at 10:50 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Teens (13-17)

• Send her to a group home. When she reaches a certain level "good behavior" they will let her out. I would do that to my own little girl if she acted like that. They have therapists on staff and do group therapy and try to work on the reason they are acting that way. there must be a deaper reason for her behavior.
    heather.darin

Answer by heather.darin at 11:07 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• It is time to be the parent and not the friend. Tough love. I like the idea of a group home. She may hate you for now, but in about 5 to 10 years she will thank you. GL
    mommyaunt412

Answer by mommyaunt412 at 3:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Something is going on at home that is making her act out. She is probably in desperate need of attention from your dad. They need to figure out what she is in to, what she likes and is passionate about and get her involved with it.
    feesharose

Answer by feesharose at 4:37 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• He needs to read the book Boundaries. There is a Boundaries for Teens also. It has helped me.
    stickyfingers

Answer by stickyfingers at 1:51 AM on Jun. 27, 2009