Epilepsy & Pregnant

I was considered to be "grown out" of epilepsy until I was pregnant with my first daughter. I had a few problems and had to be put on Lamictal. (Which they said was safe) She has been pretty healthy. Last winter I couldn't get my pills because they are expensive and my case worker didn't put in some paperwork when I changed adress and jobs. I had horrible withdrawls for over a month and couldn't do anything. I took 3 preg. tests between Thanksgiving and New Years that came back neg. Went to get a blood test thinking it was the withdrawls and found out I'm pregnant. Now, I just went in for a 30wk checkup and had a seizure while there. My doctor wasn't even there and the nurses just expected me to drive home after with my 3yr old in the car. I'm back on my pills. Everybody told me I had to be on Lamictal because it's worse for the baby if I have a siezure and now they don't seem worried. So, how is this affecting my baby?

tcarter1981

Asked by tcarter1981 at 10:59 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Pregnancy

• No answers yet