tried church's....always welcomed by the "bad ppl" or had something bad. coincidence, or somethin gkeeping me out?

. now from the perspective of people who believe in god....do you think this was just bad luck..or something evil trying to keep me out.
one church, the pastors son welcomed me ....seemed normal, following in dad's footsteps....he said he wanted to meet me for lunch and talk to me about the church, what they do etc....i said great! i was young...he ended up trying to have sex with me when he walked me home and tried forcing me....i never went back to that church...

another one as i was walking to the bathroom, a middle aged man tried following me into the girls bathroom.later to find out that man was not affiliated with that church and got picked up for child molestation weeks later another one i was invited to the church weekend tirp with the kids,one of the moms who was nice to me,suddently said she would leave the church if i went.she was the church counselor.i was told no

moki1984

Asked by moki1984 at 11:07 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Sounds like you've had some bad luck. All I can say though is even people who know exactly where their beliefs fit in (I've read some of your other questions) try several different Churches before they find one they believe is the right "fit" for them. With large groups of people there's going to be diversity and there's no way that everybody is going to get along all the time, there's also always going to be a bad apple or two in the bunch even amongst religious people. That's just the nature of being human. That in no way, IMO, means that something "evil" was trying to keep you out...but if you have a tendency to look at it in that way, maybe try seeing as those Churches just weren't the right "fit" for you.
    whittear

Answer by whittear at 11:12 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• those were all in a very small town.......and unfortunately sometimes in small towns you get this issue where ppl have nothing to do......just idle all the time....and they turn to drinking, drugs...or other bad things. thats why i left that town...its full of fuck ups and sad stories. so it could very well just be that town.

you couldnt pay me to live their again lol. i tried a military church once on post, i didnt have issues their. so it could of been just the location.
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Im going to say i think it is just conoincidense. I am sorry these events happened to you. May I ask what kind of churches these were.....not that i think it matters, jsut curious.

Im guessing that 2nd church you went to would be ok to go back to if that guy has alrady been picked up, he wasnt even a member.

The 1st churh, im guessing they dont get many new member with a son like that, im guessing the truth will eventually come out about him.

and the 3rd one with the church trip, some churchs jsut tend to close people off, so i say if they're not going to be welcoming to you then screw them! sorry i know that mean

I dont know if this helped but maybe 4th time is a charm. if you cant find one that you like, but you still believe in God i think you can worship just as well at home. I dont attend church often at all, but i am still a christian. if anythign jsut watch the shows on tv on sunday morning...lol
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 11:16 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• ok jsut read your other post..i live in a small TOwn too, it sucks cu there isnt a lot fo variety to choose from!!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 11:18 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• bethel bible...assembly of god....
    moki1984

Answer by moki1984 at 11:20 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• reminds me of Frank Perreti's books. Sounds like the town is overrun by demons and that their may not be many strong prayer warriors there. Its more of a spiritual battle.
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 12:47 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Ahhhh sounds country clubbish to me.
    ColleenF30

Answer by ColleenF30 at 1:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• That happened to me too. I don't know if you know, but I was a wild child before I became a Christian. So when I began going to church I wanted to make new friends. The first person I ran into there was this guy that I knew from the martial arts circuit (totally hot guy). And he started inviting me for coffee after church to discuss the service, LOL. He tried to give me alcohol (I was an alcoholic) and he tried to have sex with me too. I remember running out of his house yelling, "what is wrong with you!"

I just wanted a real Christian friend. LOL. God sent me one the very next week, and she was the one of the biggest blessings of my life (and she never tried to have sex with me or get me drunk, LOL). She loved Jesus and taught me how to live a Christian life (reading the Bible, prayer, sharing your faith). She was my maid of honor.

But yes, there are people at church that don't really walk with God.
    Cinnamon-mom

Answer by Cinnamon-mom at 4:41 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Maybe you weren't MEANT to go to church. I believe there are some people who are meant to go, and others who aren't. I have several reasons why I believe this, to many to name here, so if anyone wants to know more, pm me. But suffice to say, maybe you are more "intuned' to your higher power when you are alone.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 6:39 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I have a different view. Maybe you were put in these situations bc you could handle it and it spared another. Sounds more to me like you are a spirtitual warrior, not a victim of evil.
    NightOwlMama

Answer by NightOwlMama at 6:45 AM on Jun. 27, 2009