Does anyone else feel that if Obama-Care were to pass...

And people began to realize the restrictions set in place that impact them to keep costs low. And SOME people feel the negative impact on decisions made by politicians on WHAT MAKES SENSE in regards to healthcare~they will complain and EXPECT MORE from the government?

If Obama Care is forecasted to cost One Trillion Dollars by 2019, will Obama Care be another nearing-bankrupted financial problem like Medicare, Medicaid, Social Sec., and the VA?

Are people only living in the NOW and want care NOW, that they don't care about the future they are leaving for their children and grandchildren?

grlygrlz2

Asked by grlygrlz2 at 11:10 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I think that people want what they want and they want it now. We live in a country of people who expect fast answers and fast results (IMHO). I do not think that this plan will improve matters when it comes to health care. I think that it is comparable to placing a bandage on a gaping wound but that is JMO.
    blakebrm

Answer by blakebrm at 11:14 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• People love promises and theories... and if you feel you've been wronged- drastic measures can sometimes seem like the only fix. They do not, however, take the time to follow the path of distruction that one answer will have over areas.
    HistoryMamaX3

Answer by HistoryMamaX3 at 11:19 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Are people only living in the NOW and want care NOW, that they don't care about the future they are leaving for their children and grandchildren?

Pretty much! Their attitudes revolve around the ..."I'll be dead and gone if/when it becomes a problem." Or, "there's nothing we can do about it anyway...go play with your kids, and leave it be!"

LOL
    LoriKeet

Answer by LoriKeet at 11:21 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I think that it is comparable to placing a bandage on a gaping wound

I think it's like ripping out the heart to cure chest pain. There are hundreds of millions who would lose their coverage so that eight million or maybe nine million would be covered who aren't covered now.

There have been people complaining about health care related costs and insurance companies. Insurance companies are not to blame. They provide a service for which there is a demand. If you want to get rid of insurance companies allow people to set up tax deductible medical savings accounts that employers can contribute to as an alternative to insurance or an addition to it. Another thing that's necessary and overdue is substantive tort reform. Malpractice insurance is ridiculously high for all doctors and that includes a lot of people who don't deserve to pay such high premiums.
    miriamz

Answer by miriamz at 11:24 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• What gets me is that SOME people are following Obama blindly. They think he has ALL the answers. They are NOT researching alternatives, details, etc.... Sooooo~ when they realize his promise are not the same as his Legislature, they will continuously expect MORE from the Government. When will it stop?
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 11:27 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Actually, the number I hear just to get started is up to 3 trillion, forget by 2019. Obamaniacs will believe everything he says and then never admit when things go wrong. (obviously)
    We don't have to spend all this money that may well bankrupt America combined with the rest of his trillion dollar programs. The GOP has ideas, infact a complete plan that cost billions less but the Dems won't even look at it. Tehy say You bash our plan but you don't come up with anything so they do and then Dems laugh in their face and tell them tough. Makes me sick. The most troubling thing is that the Dems have no real plan and no way to pay for it yet people are clamoring for it to pass so they can have low cost or free healthcare that they never will get.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 11:43 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Yes grly I agree with you.They will always expect more.I think it is a terrible shame what is happening to this country.For some the government is now their god.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:45 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• You've nailed the psych of the nation, grly.

Many of the adults of the nation are still children. They want to be taken care of. In many cases, momma and daddy don't cut the apron strings, and in some cases, there weren't any strings to begin with. They want to live a life without worry, and not experience any negative emotion.

Obama can speak, and he comes off as competent. Knowledgable, trustworthy. A great father figure.

Why not let him take care of everyone? You don't have to feel guilty about poverty, or actually do anything about it either! Obama's got it covered! It's scary.

At this point, I'm waiting for the day when we are all fat, stupid, and floating around in hover chairs waiting for our synthetic nutrients in a cup, like on wall-e.
    lovinangels

Answer by lovinangels at 11:47 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• That boggles my mind steph.There isn't even a real plan but GIMMIE GIMMIE NOW!
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:47 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• At this point, I'm waiting for the day when we are all fat, stupid, and floating around in hover chairs waiting for our synthetic nutrients in a cup, like on wall-e.

For sure.He no worries though Obama will keep dishing out more food stamps..so everyone can sit back and get fat lol.
    tnmomofive

Answer by tnmomofive at 11:49 AM on Jun. 26, 2009