MILITARY HUSBAND......................!?!?!?

my husband is soon to go into the air force. i was wondering what are usually your husbands work hours on base? 9-5 ??? whats their work hours usually..

SweetiePieAfWf

Asked by SweetiePieAfWf at 11:29 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Money & Work

• The military is not a 9-5 type of job. A typical day for my husband before he retired from the Navy was..at work no later than 0630 and I was lucky if he was back home beofe 1830 (6:30pm). Add in duty hours depending on what kind of duty you pull and where you are stationed. Mine pulled overnight duty no less than once a week. Many places, onboard ship esp it was more like every 3 days. I can't speak to Air Force as far as specifics go but in general if you're in the military you are on call 24/7, 365 days a year.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 11:42 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• Once he signs on the dotted line he can request hours but he technically belongs to them and they can and will work him whatever they need.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 11:54 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• whenever they tell him. He will belong to them.
    Anonymous

• I am only familiar with the Navy branch of the military and my husband works when they tell him to work, which could be as early as 4am until midnight or just for 2 hours. He has been gone for only a few days up to 8 months on missions and deployments. He is now stationed in DC with NCIS and when he has to he stays in DC for a job until it is done - they put him up in a hotel with the other men on his team.
    Also, due to my husband's job, he gets calls at all hours of the day and night. Some of which he has to go in for right away.
    Whatever you do, don't make plans ahead of time for your husband unless he has put in for leave time. Even then, it isn't 100% guaranteed that he will get to keep it if something comes up in his unit and they need him at the last minute.
    Welcome to the military. :)
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 10:07 AM on Jun. 27, 2009

• My husband works day and night. He use to go to a field for three to six days at a time. Now his job is monday-friday. But they are ALWAYS calling him back at all hours.
    1mariah555

Answer by 1mariah555 at 6:17 PM on Jun. 29, 2009