Black Sharpie Marker HELP!!!

My 2yro decided to draw all over herself with a black sharpie marker and I can't get it out!!!! Any ideas?????

tessntylersmom

Asked by tessntylersmom at 11:43 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in General Parenting

• LOL my dd did the same thing! She even had it on her teeth, that is when I figured out toothpaste gets it off. That the little alcohol wipes.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 11:46 AM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I just put them in the bath and let them play for awhile. I soap them up a few times and it should fade considerably. Also when they get out make a game of wiping their marker with a baby wipe. The wipes really get them off.
    I say make a game of it because it might start to irritate their skin and if they are distracted it is less likely too.
    Or you could just leave it on...most parents have gone through this and most will understand. It happens.
    :)
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 12:25 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• omg... I would have ran for my camera!!!

Alcohol takes it off well, but could be harsh on the skin. I would just bathe her really well and let it fade. Unless you have somewhere to go.
    Anonymous

• Lotion and/or baby oil on a soft washcloth will help a bit. I'm not sure if there's a way to get it off all at once without irritating her skin. Like the PP said, grab the camera and take some cute pics to laugh at in the future. =)
    dannydawna

Answer by dannydawna at 12:36 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• If it's on their clothes there is some stuff called awsome I haven't come across anything that it won't take out!!

Good Luck!
    mommyhero

Answer by mommyhero at 1:11 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• I agree alchol but follow it up with a bath and a lot of lotion...what doesn't come off will fade until then get some good pictures for black mail later!
    But_Mommie

Answer by But_Mommie at 1:13 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• It will wear off eventually.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:08 PM on Jun. 26, 2009