what is your toddlers morning routine?

and do u think its ok if they get to watch cartons? in the morning i usually put my son in a seat at the big table, hes 2. and make him breakfast and he gets to eat it at the table and watch cartoons, u can see the tv from the table, is that bad in your opinion? i think of it as time we can spend together and he really likes it (we watch spongebob)

bradynsmom222

Asked by bradynsmom222 at 11:44 AM on Jun. 26, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I dont feel that watching cartoons at the table is bad. We listen to a morning show on the radio as we eat breakfast (granted that is for my enjoyment not hers). We get up color a little bit, go to the playroom put on cartoons, I make breakfast while she watches tv, put her in the highchair & eat, change her diaper, let her run around w/o any clothing on watching tv or playing while I check the weather, get dressed, get her clothing ready for the day, etc.
    Mel30248

Answer by Mel30248 at 12:21 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• As soon as my daughter wakes up she asks to watch tv. So I let her while I try and wake up and get my coffee. Then I turn the tv off and we have breakfast. Then we play with toys and then we go outside to play. My daughter is 2 also.
    momoflilangel

Answer by momoflilangel at 1:05 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• There is no reason to have a television in the kitchen. Mealtime is family time.

Answer by rkoloms at 8:59 PM on Jun. 26, 2009

• My little guy and I watch cartoons each morning while he has his milk sippy and breakfast. Usually its Super Why and Sesame Street on PBS.  I use the time for learning time also.

chrissmom734

Answer by chrissmom734 at 11:01 PM on Jun. 26, 2009